Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7.62 Noveske AR Build

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

7.62 Noveske AR Build

I have built several 7.62 ARs for other people over the years. I just have not ever done one for me. Well that all changed when I saw that Noveske started to do DPMS pattern barrels.

I wanted a solid compact 7.62 build. I like the fact that Noveske uses the rifle lenght gas system on the 16" barrel. That with a A5 buffer should make this a very nice shooting rifle. This is going to be a compact rifle yet stil be able to reach out to some decent ranges.

Upper:
    Aero Stripped upper
    Aero upper parts kit
    Noveske 16" rifle gas barrel
    Matched Noveske BCG
    Veltor Charging Habndle
    PRI Gen 3 Handguard
    Troy Sights
    AAC Breakout 2.0
    Bushnell SMRS 1-8.5 in a LaRue 1.93 Mount
    Harris Bipod BRM-S and LaRue LT706 Mount

Lower:
    Aero Stripped Lower
    Aero lower parts kit
    LaRue MBT-2S Trigger
    Vltor 308 A6 Buffer tube
    Aero Rifle lenght Spring
    Aero 308 Carbine Buffer
    DSG QD end Plate
    DSG Receiver Extension Nut
    MagPul MOE +
    Seekins ambi safety
    Veltor EMod

Here is what is started as:

And the final result:

I just finished it today. The Weather is really crappy so I am going to wait to to test fire and Zero it.

Range report to come.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I wanna know how that barrel pwrfprma for you, bro.

I'm loving this build.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I will be posting a range report real soon. I am hoping for Friday if the weather gets a little better.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Aero 308 receivers are a good choice, and they're often available at supremely reasonable prices. That Noveske barrel should do very well.

Was it a mistake in typing, or do you plan to run a 308 carbine buffer with an A5 RE? If so, the proper buffer to use is a 5.56 carbine one.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Was it a mistake in typing, or do you plan to run a 308 carbine buffer with an A5 RE? If so, the proper buffer to use is a 5.56 carbine one.
    Yes, I am using a 308 carbine buffer with a 308 A5 RE. I wanted the extra weight to test it because of the 16" Rifle gas system. I always adjust buffer weight depending on the operations of it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My buffer comment was in regards to buffer length, not weight. Is the RE-10/A5SR (the only Vltor 308 A5 receiver extension I was able to locate) shorter than a standard Vltor A5 receiver extension?

I ran a Vltor A5 with H carbine buffer in my Aero until I replaced it with a Gen 2 UBR (without spacer), which is also A5 in length.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    From Vltor:

The RE-10/A5SR is designed to be a replacement to the OEM receiver extension or for building up a rifle. Please note that there are additional components that are required based on your application. If you are using the A5SR tube on an Armalite AR-10 carbine and rifle, you must use the Armalite AR-10B Operation Spring (Armalite Part #EA1095) and AR10 Carbine Buffer (Armalite Part #EC0120). If you are using this for a DPMS rifle, you will need to call DPMS for the correct parts needed. Attempting to use this tube with parts other than these, will result in damage to your rifle.

https://www.vltor.com/shop/featured/...ver-extension/

This was addressed about three years ago here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...tor-a5-for-308

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    As always, an excellent build. Everything you need, nothing you don't. Can't wait to see the range report.
    I must get me a PRI rail. Must!
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    The Armalite Part #EC0120 is the same as a H3 buffer.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    The Armalite Part #EC0120 is the same as a H3 buffer.
    Just cost about half the price.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast