Thread: 6.8spc non spec II chamber questions

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

6.8spc non spec II chamber questions

Hi I have a LMT MRP barrel in 6.8 it is NOT a SPECII chamber. I have never shot it yet and only plan on shooting factory ammo like hornady and Remington. Do I need to have my chamber recut to SPECII?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Short answer if only shooting factory ammo is No. There is no factory ammo manufacturers that load their ammo to SPC II specs.

If using hand loads then load to regular 6.8 pressure or have your chamber cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thought about it, but did not get my MRP chamber re-cut for 6.8 SPC II. Haven't had it mounted in a chassis in many years.

There are probably multiple reputable smiths who have a SPC II reamer and know how to use it - I can't imagine this would cost much. Please check, but I recall reading that you could use both regular and SPC II ammunition in an SPC II chamber. There was a reamer being loaned from member to member on 68forums back in the day; don't know if that is sensible/advisable, or if it's still going on.

I have some Barrett 6.8 SPC ammunition (black boxes with white lettering) that are sized to fit the SPC II chamber. Found them in the bargain bin at a seldom-visited LGS a long time ago (say 2008-10). Not sure who made them for Barrett, or if they're still available any more. Not sure what I'll ever do with them, as I'm getting rid of my barrel assembly & bolt.
    Last edited by Hdog83; 01-02-18 at 11:24.