Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Any TRP 10mm Reviews

Feedback Score
    I'm really surprised that the RMR version doesn't have a rail. That sounds like a bad decision at best. Best of both worlds, I wish it had adapter plates like the Glock MOS series. I use a Deltapoint Pro, but like not being tied to a single optic type. That is, until some later point when the optic mounting footprint gets standardized. (Which, I think, is likely when Big Army chooses a pistol optic.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    First range trip: SIG 180 grain FMJ at published 1250 fps, and handloads duplicating same (Starline brass, Hornady 180 FMJ-FP, 13.0 grains AA #9). These are not cutting-edge loads, but neither are they FBI-lite spec. 100 rounds fired. Fail to fully chamber, about every fifth or sixth round. I used both factory mags and a Mec-Gar. Mags did not affect functioning. Same rate of failure with both SIG ammo and home-brew.

Second range trip: After very thorough cleaning and lubing with Breakfree LP (not CLP), same ammo fired, 100 rounds. This time fewer such failures to chamber in the first fifty. Second fifty, only a couple of bobbles.

Tentative theory: gun needs breaking in out of the box.

Planning third trip to range this week. Same scenario: thorough cleaning, heavy lubrication. I'm anticipating improvement.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 06-24-18 at 23:07.

Feedback Score

Any TRP 10mm Reviews

Uni-vibe,

I had the same problem. Let me save you some trouble. Just send it in for warranty work. Turned out it did not need breaking in, it needed a little fine-tuning.

Best warranty in the industry. They took mine in, re-cut and polished the feed ramp. They also milled a few spots elsewhere, as well as tuned the extractor.

The entire turnaround was less than two weeks door to door. What I received back fires like something from the custom shop. It spits out brass like a hot knife through butter now. I’m very happy with this.

Best decision I made was just sending it back in after 150 rounds. Seriously, this thing is a solid performer now.

ETA: I’m very happy with this TRP and the SA warranty. It’s a keeper.
    Last edited by Det-Sog; 06-25-18 at 06:18.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Uni-vibe,

I had the same problem. Let me save you some trouble. Just send it in for warranty work. Turned out it did not need breaking in, it needed a little fine-tuning.

Best warranty in the industry. They took mine in, re-cut and polished the feed ramp. They also milled a few spots elsewhere, as well as tuned the extractor.

The entire turnaround was less than two weeks door to door. What I received back fires like something from the custom shop. It spits out brass like a hot knife through butter now. I’m very happy with this.

Best decision I made was just sending it back in after 150 rounds. Seriously, this thing is a solid performer now.

ETA: I’m very happy with this TRP and the SA warranty. It’s a keeper.
    I have had some guns that needed a break in too, and it worked out. However, I would heed the advice of Det-Sog and send it in. You will end up with a better gun that has been gone over by the best. No downside. Thats why buying a SA 1911 is a very safe bet. In the unlikely event it needs work, you get it FREE.

Also, it helps them build better guns for the next guy when they see where they are failing. 10MM is a new game in comparison to 45, so do yourself and others a favor, send in and get it buffed tweaked honed!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hile View Post
    I'm really surprised that the RMR version doesn't have a rail. That sounds like a bad decision at best. Best of both worlds, I wish it had adapter plates like the Glock MOS series. I use a Deltapoint Pro, but like not being tied to a single optic type. That is, until some later point when the optic mounting footprint gets standardized. (Which, I think, is likely when Big Army chooses a pistol optic.)
    Which will not happen anytime soon.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Third range trip was this afternoon. Fail, fail. I will be contacting Springfield. Maybe they can make it run.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Third range trip was this afternoon. Fail, fail. I will be contacting Springfield. Maybe they can make it run.
    They will. I am VERY satisfied with the customer service. It shoots like a custom job now. They really took care of me. From the time I sent the first email to the time I got it back was about two weeks total. If it is like mine, it's going to get the works. It will come back like a custom shop gun. Keep us posted.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sprg. sent me a free shipping label and are paying for insurance as well. I'll send her off tomorrow. Estimated repair time is two to four weeks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Back from Springfield.

They did two things. They polished the feed ramp to a mirror finish, and they polished the bottom of the slide where it contacts the round at the top of the magazine. Initially I'm skeptical; I wasn't having any trouble with the bullet stopping on the feed ramp. The problem was the slide not going fully into battery.

Gun shows evidence of much test-firing. Looks like they put more than just five rounds through it.

I'll take it to the range next week, and let y'all know.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    RANGE REPORT: it works.

I lubed her up good with CLP. I fired about 50 rounds (Hornday 180 grain FP FMJ, 13.0 grains AA9) and it worked flawlessly. I'll fire some more rounds to be sure, but I think it's going to work. Those loads are not mega max Norma stuff, but AA's published data says they should be going about 1,250 so they're quite a bit stouter than FBI Lite loads you get with most factory loads.

Springfield paid for shipping both ways, and did not charge for the work.

The other gun I took out was my Springfield 1911 in .45 ACP. My 230 grain LRN loads feel like cream-puffs after shooting the Ten.

I think it's fixed.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast