Thread: FULL FLAP HOLSTER FOR GLOCK 17

Feedback Score

FULL FLAP HOLSTER FOR GLOCK 17

For walking around in the desert, I'd like to find a full flap holster that completely encloses a Glock 17, grip and all, and attaches to a regular leather belt.

Triple K makes one that is "nearly there", but I'd like one that completely swallows the gun like a military holster for a Makarov, or Browning Hi Power.

I've searched and searched, but the Triple K one is the only one that comes close.

Any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know you want to attach to a belt. But, the only thing that I can think of for completely enclosing a full size pistol while making it readily usable is a hill people kit bag.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    I know you want to attach to a belt. But, the only thing that I can think of for completely enclosing a full size pistol while making it readily usable is a hill people kit bag.
    Okay, I suppose that or a fanny pack would work just fine. I prefer the flap holster, though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The um84 is the closest belt holster that I can think of. But it leaves the grip exposed. Many dusty ATV rides left it rather dirty. From my experience....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The old BH Spec Ops holster works pretty well:
    https://www.lockharttactical.com/sho...ations-holster

Feedback Score
    I used one of these as a full flap holster for my Glock 20 with light in Alaska.

http://www.thewilderness.com/safepac...lment-holster/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This.

They aren't quick, but they'll snuggle your gatpiece like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    The old BH Spec Ops holster works pretty well:
    https://www.lockharttactical.com/sho...ations-holster

Feedback Score
    @ Doc Glockster

No relation to seller: eBay item number: 182459811419

Not posting link since it may be against the rules.

I don't like that ebay one from the looks of it, since the mag portion is also exposed to debris.

The design you are looking for and want, is more a WWI/II German P08 Luger holster type, that also covers the exposed butt-mag. So a common flapped LBT (NSW), EI (Airborne), BHI, Seatec etc., would not even work for you, since the butts and muzzle are all exposed.

Research some foreign military holsters or have one custom made. Years ago, there were some East German fabric holsters for the Makarov, too small for you, but since the butts are covered, you could probably use that same design to make a DIY template for a custom nylon, fabric or heavy duct cotton version. I made some cheap templates and holsters off mine but can't find them now.

*Fabric holsters, have and need a lining (like LBT's adjustable vinyl insert), to prevent trigger from being pulled, when wet, cuffed, etc., otherwise it will be very dangerous. Some leather holsters are known to warp in the trigger area and become dangerous.
    Last edited by desert; 12-27-17 at 19:44.