Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armor carrier. Ditch or maybe fix my JPC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Armor carrier. Ditch or maybe fix my JPC

Im in need of a carrier for some plates I got for christmas.
    I have a crye JPC and Im not sure I like it. My level 3a vest is an armor express light hawk and it seems to fit and hold tighter.
    The cord used for the cumberbund doesnt give at all and Im not a fan of the no velcro on the back. I could get someone to sew that on but the cumberbund still sucks. Is there a fix or should I go with new plate carrier.

This is my active shooter / call out so any replacement needs to go on fast.

Any input appreciated.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Whats your price point and color preference? I'm a pretty big fan of the Velocity stuff.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Whats your price point and color preference? I'm a pretty big fan of the Velocity stuff.
    Sub 200 possibly. Black is our uniform but being emergency use it can be a bit lenient.

Quick on (no velcro) is i big selling point.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Blue Force Gear on clearance & Grey Ghost Gear (often on sale) both offer reasonably price minimalist PCs

Both have the option of a single plastic buckle for a quick one sided "slide in & buckle"

I leave the side I keep my med kit on buckled at all times so I only have to duck in quick under the shoulder straps turning my head (so you don't break your nose on a plate-they're hard) and buckle the open side (for duty, you're probably already wearing soft armor)

If you want elastic, you can always modify one or both sides to include some type of elastic or bungee material.

The JPC is generally considered one of the best PCs, but wearing plates over soft armor you won't feel ANYTHING anyway. So all you need is speed and durability. Not sure about the BFG on durability, but for occasional usage the GGG seems very good for the low price. Mk2 Pig shoulder pads from SKDTac make any thin should straps comfortable.

No doubt Velocity quality and design is better with far more comfy options.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I do that with my soft armor. I need to be able to doff the soft armor and move to the plates pretty quick. I want something quick but it has to be secure.
    I like the blaze defense system but 100 is excessive for a couple cobra buckles and some velcro.

I wish my outer carrier had a buckle too.

Feedback Score
    If you want to keep the carrier but replace the cumberbun you could get this kit from Arbor Arms. Jon use to design carriers for another company and opened his own shop.
    https://arborarmsusa.com/product-cat...cumberbun-kit/

For a full setup London Bridge just had a sale on their MAS Grey gear but it's over. Check back every once in a while, their stuff goes on sale around holidays.

Feedback Score
    I was just about to say Arbor Arms.

Bill Blowers has been showing it off lately here: https://youtu.be/sOSIMkKoe4U and here: https://youtu.be/MjJjhS2baIE

I'll probably get one to bridge the gap between a fully-releasable/maritime PC and regular one.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The First Spear tubes retrofit cummerbund is very nice as well, as far as a non-velcro, releasable c-bun goes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What color is your carrier?
    Winning may not be everything, but the endorsements are better.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    FirstSpear/SKD STT?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast