Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The Big Picture of Permanent Weight Loss" Free

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Either deliberate in that every failure to keep the weight off is another diet program sold, and or, they just have no clue of its importance. Psych is not something they are taught, many professionals don't like it as it's messy and scary, and self proclaimed experts are just that.
    Psychology was/is quite interesting to me. Didn't declare it as a minor, but took around 30hrs. of Psych. I wanted to know what made me tick, how to work with it, deal with it, and be malleable.

One of the first things my Abnormal Psych prof. said was, roughly, "Don't be alarmed when you see some of the traits we discuss within yourself." Traits one thing, full-blown another. He also delved into how to deal with/change behavior.

Foremost, the only psychology I consider myself an expert in is my own. "Messy" and "scary" may be too mild of words for discussing burrowing down into a person's psyche. I also firmly believe, as Freud said, roughly, "You don't analyze family or friends."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Psychology was/is quite interesting to me. Didn't declare it as a minor, but took around 30hrs. of Psych. I wanted to know what made me tick, how to work with it, deal with it, and be malleable.

One of the first things my Abnormal Psych prof. said was, roughly, "Don't be alarmed when you see some of the traits we discuss within yourself." Traits one thing, full-blown another. He also delved into how to deal with/change behavior.

Foremost, the only psychology I consider myself an expert in is my own. "Messy" and "scary" may be too mild of words for discussing burrowing down into a person's psyche. I also firmly believe, as Freud said, roughly, "You don't analyze family or friends."
    I enjoy psych and took took enough courses for undergrad major probably. I didn't major in it as there's no $ in it unless you're at PhD level, and that was not for me. But, it's always been an interest to me. And I stand by why so many will ignore it or actively avoid it in non technical terms of course. Most interesting course I took was probably personality psych. I tend to post/write about more psych related stuff than any of the fitness guru types I'm aware of. In particular, psych as it relates to chronic pain and such. For example, back pain:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articles/got-back-pain/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    The mental side of weight loss is more than likely deliberately not taken into account. Burrowing down into your conscious/subconcious about what really motivates yourself can be unsettling for many if priorities not straight.

An overweight person is simply showing physically the mental defects that reside inside. Doesn't mean they can't change, but I look at it the same as a serious drug addiction. Slim chance they can.

The success rate (>4 years) for kicking opioid addiction is higher than the (>4years) success rate for weight loss.

If you don’t rewrite your software the hardware will NEVER work long term. I have defeated both and it took fixing my mental side to kick the addictions before I succeed in maintaining long term weight loss.

I did not want to face my demons. I did not enjoy a single minute of the process. Unsettling does not begin to describe what I had to endure. I did not want to admit that I was responsible for all of my actions and choices. But I did and it worked.

EVERY single aspect of my life is better because I fixed the mental/character issues that held me back and left me trapped in a mind and body that did not function.

I was a 375 addict and alcoholic. I’m 10 years clean and 180 lbs lighter because I decided to fix my software to support the hardware.
    “Beware unearned wisdom.” Jung

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGunNut View Post
    The success rate (>4 years) for kicking opioid addiction is higher than the (>4years) success rate for weight loss.

If you don’t rewrite your software the hardware will NEVER work long term. I have defeated both and it took fixing my mental side to kick the addictions before I succeed in maintaining long term weight loss.

I did not want to face my demons. I did not enjoy a single minute of the process. Unsettling does not begin to describe what I had to endure. I did not want to admit that I was responsible for all of my actions and choices. But I did and it worked.

EVERY single aspect of my life is better because I fixed the mental/character issues that held me back and left me trapped in a mind and body that did not function.

I was a 375 addict and alcoholic. I’m 10 years clean and 180 lbs lighter because I decided to fix my software to support the hardware.
    That's the breakthrough everyone has to experience to really make progress. I had every excuse in the world why I couldn't finish my degree as a young man. One day I got tired of my own (mostly BS, and a legit) excuses and decided come hell or high water, I'd get it done and at 36, finished the stupid thing with enough credits for two masters degrees due to all the bouncing around and avoidance of doing stuff I didn't wanna do. Night school and working, taking 21 credits of courses like bio chem, etc, sucked nads frankly, but I got er done. That was between a bout of Hodkins disease (a legit reason I had to drop out for a while) and other fun stuff, but once you decide you're gonna complete something or die trying, and if you fail, it's your failure and no one else to blame (the most scary realization I ever faced), does that rock we push up hill called life start to move.

So, congrats on your achievements sir.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Last day for this and two new reviews:

5 out of 5 stars: Common sense advice from an expert
    ByH. Daniel Joneson December 30, 2017

"Concise overview of the science based truth about LONG TERM optimal weight maintenance. A diet may help you drop pounds short term but the principles outlined by Will are the key to permanent and sustained weight maintenance."

5.0 out of 5 stars: Truthfull, practical, common sense advice
    By James F Buntemeyer Jron December 31, 2017

"As always Will Brink tells it like it is, no gimmicks, no sugar coating. Just real world application for long term weight loss."
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12