Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Ruger PCC takedown

Feedback Score
    I have mine ready for the range if I can get the weather to cooperate. It's been raining all weekend. I put a circle and dot Holosun on it with an ADM QD low mount and stuck a light on the hand guard rail. The thing feels just like a 10/22 TD on steroids and I can't wait to shoot it. I truly hope it makes a big splash so the after market accessories will follow. I sure would like to see Magpul make something like their X-22 Backpacker stock for it.
    Last edited by rocketman; 01-28-18 at 09:04.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm sure magpul is already working on molds.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by misfit47 View Post
    I'm sure magpul is already working on molds.

The current stock is pretty darn good especially with the inserts for length of pull adjustments. I mostly wish it had some storage capacity in it.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It would be cool to stow some extra mags in it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’d like to see caliber conversions, Magpul furniture and an integrally suppressed barrel for it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    delete
    Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 02-21-18 at 17:00.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I was able to pick up a Ruger PC Carbine last week. My initial impression is that it is a solidly built little carbine. It does not feel like a lightweight 10/22 at all. When assembled there is no perceptible wobble of the barrel or forearm. Following the instructions and using the knurled nut to tighten the barrel assembly works as advertised. I swapped the Ruger magazine adapter out for the Glock magazine adapter. It accepts all of my Glock mags including Gen 5 19X magazines. Magpul magazines fit fine but I have heard they do not function great in the carbine. I have not fired it yet so I cant speak to that. I swapped the charging handle over to the left side even though I am a lefty. My son is not left handed and I made the change at his request.

Finally I added a Primary Arms Advanced Micro RDS to the picatinny rail. You will not get a RDS to cowhitness. The iron sights do not clutter up the sight picture enough to be bothersome when looking through it. The irons are removable if it bothers you or you could use a riser with the RDS. For me the low mount for a micro RDS works pretty well. An ADM mount with a quick release might raise it up just a touch more. I will have to shoot it a lot before I decide to do that.

The bolt is easy to operate. If you have used a CZ Scorpion EVO or UZI you will appreciate how easy the PC Carbine's bolt is to use. Its not a huge deal but I can see where this would be useful for someone with diminished hand strength such as a younger shooter or someone who has arthritis. The bolt glides back and forth easily and feels good without any grittiness or hangup.

Magazine changes are not AR fast but not terrible. The more I handle it the faster it is becoming even as a lefty. Right handed shooters will pickup mag changes even faster.

It really is an odd looking carbine IMHO but something about it appeals to me. I know it and PC carbines in general are not everyone's cup of tea and that's ok. Purchase what you like.

It balances and points well for me and the trigger is actually pretty good. Sort of like the new Ruger BX-triggers. The Ruger PC Carbine's trigger is definitely better than an UZI or HK trigger or the Scorpion EVO triggers out of the box. Again, I can see the lighter and shorter trigger pull being a benefit for younger shooters or those with weakened hands.

If you can shoot a 10/22 then you have this carbine pretty much figured out.

Best I could do with an iPhone

Last edited by Fuzzy-Reticle; 02-21-18 at 18:12.

Feedback Score
    Ordered one today, cant wait to get it! The stock might be pretty good, but I'd love to have one with storage like the magpul stock for the 10/22.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Put 450 rounds through my PC Carbine today. 250 Remington UMC 115gr fmj and 200 Federal 115gr fmj. No issues. Used factory Glock 33 round magazines and G17,19 &19x mags along with some Magpul 21 and 17 round mags. All worked fine.
    My only gripe is that it takes longer to clean than a Cz Scorpion since the Ruger needs tools to disassemble.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ruger PCC = STUPID HEAVY weighs MORE than an AR...

I jsut got to put hands on one recently. I like it but was very disappointed by the very heavy weight.

TED

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast