Thread: Ruger PCC takedown

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow, very impressive!!

Ruger continues to impress!!

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now if somebody will make a Tactical Solutions SBX style barrel and Magpul make a Backpacker stock fro this thing. YEAH!!

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    USPSA PCC entry gets cheaper.

Right now the hot ticket for a USPSA Pistol Caliber Carbine is the CZ scorpian and for the well heeled a Sig MPX with dedicated 9mm AR's somewhere in between. If it is reliable you'll see them used, especially if you can get an aftermarket 10/22 trigger pack to work in this. Guys are running a red dot and laser with a large mag. They never have to change mags (unless the stage requires it) and generally just pissing off all the pistol shooters, but for now it is legal with its own class.3
    10/22 trigger options would certainly make the gun more competitive in USPSA but what about the mag release? From the photos it looks like the release is on the left front side of the mag well. That's probably not the fastest or most ergonomic design.

I have no doubt it'll get used by a handful of shooters but it won't see widespread use.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm in for one. I've always kicked myself for not buying the original PC9 when I had the chance for a mint used one for $400. I'm very pleasantly surprised that they made this to accept Glock mags, too. Several on Firearm Blog noted that the magwell looks like it could be very easily modified for a .30 carbine version - count me in for one of those, too.

I really like what Ruger's been doing in the last few years.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm in. I've often regretted letting go of my PC9GR carbines. Smooth, accurate, and a to of fun. The 9mm at types don't really interest me, most of the other ones out there leave me wanting something else.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    Now if somebody will make a Tactical Solutions SBX style barrel and Magpul make a Backpacker stock fro this thing. YEAH!!

TED
    Yes!!

Feedback Score
    My initial thoughts is a neat carbine in concept but marginal execution. My main criticism is that the carbine is too heavy for what it is. 6.8lbs is the same weight as a standard M4 and a lightweight AR like the Colt 6720 is a good half pound lighter. Using 75 year old technology, the M1 carbine weighed in at roughly 5.5lbs and IMO there is no reason why this new Ruger should be heavier than that.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post
    My initial thoughts is a neat carbine in concept but marginal execution. My main criticism is that the carbine is too heavy for what it is. 6.8lbs is the same weight as a standard M4 and a lightweight AR like the Colt 6720 is a good half pound lighter. Using 75 year old technology, the M1 carbine weighed in at roughly 5.5lbs and IMO there is no reason why this new Ruger should be heavier than that.
    A Magpul backpacker stock would probably cut at least a half pound off of the weight. The factory stock looks pretty beefy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    10/22 trigger options would certainly make the gun more competitive in USPSA but what about the mag release? From the photos it looks like the release is on the left front side of the mag well. That's probably not the fastest or most ergonomic design.

I have no doubt it'll get used by a handful of shooters but it won't see widespread use.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Possibly an issue, but most of the ones I see are using the 27 rnd (40 sw) and 33 rnd (9mm) glock hi caps and dont need to change mags as they have enough ammo to run the entire stage usually. Some stages have a mandatory mag change for just this reason. I dont run a PCC so these are just my observations from discussions with those that do run PCC.

To tell the truth, I'm just not wild about pistol matches in general and am gravitating towards the PRS / NRL Nrl22 type matches as my fun outlet using silhouette and benchrest as my testing/proving grounds for the former. At least with a rifle I stand a chance of showing accuracy/precision and can be competitive, pistols just suck for me.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’m excited about it. Reliability is my one concern. And like a lot of other people, I’m also excited about the prospect of an aftermarket Magpul stock, 10” barrel assemblies and/or and integrally suppressed barrel.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast