Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger PCC takedown

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Love them or Hate them. You got to give Ruger props for giving the end user the option of using Glock mags.

Now the question will be how well it works. The original PCC carbines they made were, at least according to the guys who I knew who shot them, rather unreliable. One calling it a jam-a-matic. That said, if the work, street price in the sub 500 range, might give Keltec fits.
    I have one of the original PC9s, and it is very reliable. The one complaint I had was the trigger, but I was able get it smoothed out. Haven't shot the thing in years, but I'm glad I hung onto it as it's still a neat gun. Despite having a couple SBR MP5s and UZI, to me, this new carbine is irresistible.

Feedback Score
    I’m afraid that if I see one in the wild, it will follow me home. I wasn’t at all interested, then I read the Glock magwell insert ships with. I’m thinking new truck gun, or get home bag acc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    FML. Been looking for one of their old police carbines or a marlin camp carbine in 9mm, finally gave up on traditionally-stocked 9s and got a cz scorpion a month ago. Dammit. I was even considering those traditionally stocked AR lowers with a 9mm magwell.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do people really have so many Glock mags that they'd buy a complete rifle to use them?

This reminds me of that bit in Johnny Dangerously where the guy gets his mother an ashtray and she decides to start smoking.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score

Ruger PCC takedown

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Do people really have so many Glock mags that they'd buy a complete rifle to use them?

This reminds me of that bit in Johnny Dangerously where the guy gets his mother an ashtray and she decides to start smoking.

Between factory, Asian and ETS, I have way too many.
    Perhaps I should be like others and sell my used crap, but it seems everything that arrives, never leaves, but occasionally makes field trips to the range.

Edit, I forgot the Magpul mags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lesptr; 01-04-18 at 13:06.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have to give Ruger props for responding to the market. As when they brought out the RPR, this is no exception. The Glock Maxwell is brilliant...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Yes. I always throw a 33rd or 17rd mag on orders of other stuff. They've added up over time.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Yes. I always throw a 33rd or 17rd mag on orders of other stuff. They've added up over time.
    Put it this way - I think it is safe to say many many more people already have glock type mags than have <insert any other type of pistol or sub gun type mags other than 1911>

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Not so far from the truth - there have been more than a few purchases and builds that stem from a "great deal" on a part of the system. For example - super deal on a AR10 magazines or a barrel or upper = impetus to build / buy the AR10 platform

personally, if reliable high quality colt 9mm smg mags were $10 I'd build/buy a Colt PCC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Put it this way - I think it is safe to say many many more people already have glock type mags than have <insert any other type of pistol or sub gun type mags other than 1911>
    Sure. I have certain pistol mags in pretty good quantity. But I don't think I'd buy a rifle that takes Glock, M&P, Beretta, etc mags just because I have some mags.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast