Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger PCC takedown

Feedback Score
    I don't even own a glock but I just bought 3 mags in anticipation of buying this thing. Weird proprietary mags have always turned me off of most PCC's.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://youtu.be/UvDboYtanac

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Do people really have so many Glock mags that they'd buy a complete rifle to use them?

This reminds me of that bit in Johnny Dangerously where the guy gets his mother an ashtray and she decides to start smoking.

I only own a single G17 now yet I have around 50 Mags of either 17 or 30 round capacity. So yeah pretty much.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    I pre-ordered one which I never do. I owned both 9mm and 45 Marlin Camp Carbines back in the day and enjoyed shooting both. This will probably become my girlfriends HD weapon. She's a petite little thing and a bit intimidated by an AR but loves shooting my 10/22 TD. Slap a light and maybe a RD on it and you're good to go. If they introduce a 45 ACP version later I'll probably buy that too.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    I pre-ordered one which I never do. I owned both 9mm and 45 Marlin Camp Carbines back in the day and enjoyed shooting both. This will probably become my girlfriends HD weapon. She's a petite little thing and a bit intimidated by an AR but loves shooting my 10/22 TD. Slap a light and maybe a RD on it and you're good to go. If they introduce a 45 ACP version later I'll probably buy that too.
    Depending on her size/stature she may not like the PCC. While it is very much a "swelled up" 10/22 in general operation and size, it is rather heavy. Probably too heavy for what it is.

With that said, the weight is all pretty much in the receiver and bolt so the balance isn't too bad.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Handled one the other day, heavier than expected but should be a good one. Hope Hogue puts out a stock for it. I am a bit saturated for 9mm PCCs, but seems like a sold deal for the price, if they have a .45 I will definitely get one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I put about 100 rounds through one today. I had one stovepipe during the 2nd mag but no malfunctions afterward. I used the carbine with the Glock mag well and used factory Glock 19 mags.

The gun is heavier than it should be and the weight is in the receiver. This puts the point of balance behind the mag well. This, combined with the blowback action, makes the gun sort of bounce during recoil. The gun doesn't track as well as I thought it should. Along these lines, the comb of the stock is too high (or the sights are too low) and I have to cram my cheekbone down into the stock to get proper sight alignment. This is uncomfortable with the stock whacking against my cheekbone in recoil. It isn't painful but it is annoying.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I put about 100 rounds through one today. I had one stovepipe during the 2nd mag but no malfunctions afterward. I used the carbine with the Glock mag well and used factory Glock 19 mags.

The gun is heavier than it should be and the weight is in the receiver. This puts the point of balance behind the mag well. This, combined with the blowback action, makes the gun sort of bounce during recoil. The gun doesn't track as well as I thought it should. Along these lines, the comb of the stock is too high (or the sights are too low) and I have to cram my cheekbone down into the stock to get proper sight alignment. This is uncomfortable with the stock whacking against my cheekbone in recoil. It isn't painful but it is annoying.

Was that while using the iron sights? Do you think the comb issue would be eliminated by using an optic?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles11B View Post
    Was that while using the iron sights? Do you think the comb issue would be eliminated by using an optic?
    Iron sights. I believe it would be better with an optic mounted. Or at least it would be easier to adjust the optic's height to fit the individual shooter.

Feedback Score
    Depending on her size/stature she may not like the PCC. While it is very much a "swelled up" 10/22 in general operation and size, it is rather heavy. Probably too heavy for what it is.

With that said, the weight is all pretty much in the receiver and bolt so the balance isn't too bad.
    Thanks for the input Tokarev. It's not so much the weight of an AR Carbine that bothers her but the blast. I'm working with her to get comfortable with 5.56 but this PCC looked like a good stop gap if nothing else. Plus I was looking for an excuse to spend another $500 that I don't have.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast