Back from the "voluntary recall" "upgrade". I've put about a hundred rounds thru it and no troubles. Mine is the "gutted" slide version, that is, the one with half the inside of the slide milled out. Supposedly has been linked to problems with the Compact model, but doesn't seem to bother it a bit. And maybe I'll start loading 95 grain bullets?

Took it on my climb up the mountain to check my snares.

This is my winter setup, gun and pack w/ survival kit and whatnot. 21 shot mags, three of them. So I have plenty of rounds for signalling if need be. Extra ammo came in handy this year while deer hunting, when I severely tore my right gastroc calf muscle on an uphill pull. All I had was my 6.5x55 SAKO boltgun but my son who heard them from a ways away said my emergency shots sounded like semiauto fire. LOL. Pain is a motivator...

Holster completely protects the pistol and prevent ingress of foreign material; dirt, dust, snow, frost, rain, pine needles, etc. Holster has a sort of elaborate retention strap, with 2 snaps and a metal loop the end can be threaded thru to really stabilize it and keep the gun home during falls. The mag pouches are some submachinegun pouches I had modified to take the shorted SIG mags. I also have a three-mag pouch as well.

Holster {left hand draw} has a leather block to prevent outside pressure on the flap from depressing the magazine release.

Gun is always covered by my anorak. I'm pretty paranoid about losing it. I've lost magazines before and I don't like the idea of losing a pistol.

Conditions:

Where I was going to check my snares took both misery slippers and bawling boards.