Thread: A reminder of why I stick to Petzl

Feedback Score

Angry A reminder of why I stick to Petzl

Or other lighting options aside from "Princeton Tec".

One minute out of the box/package, and this happened after I opened the battery door:

Feedback Score
    That exact same thing happened to me. Apparently it's common, as I contacted PT and they sent me a new replacement door and instructions on how to install it free of charge. Or you could ship it to them on your dime and they'll replace it for you.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

A reminder of why I stick to Petzl

I'm converting to Fenix lights using the 18650 rechargeable lithium battery. Specifically the PD32 handheld and HL60. Built very sturdy, super bright and long lasting. The HL60R headlight is aluminum body with screw on battery cap snd a large enough click switch to easily use with gloves. Used to like Black Diamond headlights but the Fenix is a quantum leap better for serious night work.

I had a Princeton Tec dive light years ago and the switch broke after very moderate use. Never bought another PT after that failure. Petzl seems better quality but of the AAA and AA headlights I thought Black Diamond was the most rugged in my experience.
    Last edited by NWPilgrim; 12-29-17 at 03:15.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    That’s odd. I’ve used a Princeton Tec Remix Pro headlamp for seven years when in the field. It’s been fantastic and while I haven’t abused it, I keep it on me all day in the field so it’s definitely been bumped around. The only downside is that I lost it and had to buy a new one but IME, it’s a fantastic headlamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've got 2 or 3 PT Remix Pros and they're still going strong after several years as well. One thing I've learned is not to store headlamps with alkaline batteries for emergency (like in the car) as the alkaline batteries end up leaking. I've changed over to either using rechargeable batteries or non-rechargeable Li ones.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’ve been using Black Diamond and Petzl lights for years backpacking. I prefer the Petzl for ease of use and weight savings, but even the Petzl is fragile compared to my Black Diamonds.