Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Occasional failure to lock on empty mag while running suppressed

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Ran the same set up a couple of days ago and had two failures to lock back on an empty magazine. Both issues occurred with the same ammo, the Fiocchi 55gr 223. One occurred with a Gen 2 pmag, the other occurred with a new gen 3 pmag. I'm inclined to believe its the ammo and will test out some 556 next outing with the same mags to verify. I did add a Geissele Maritime bolt catch as well as a ported/vented Radian charging handle (an attempt to lessen the gas to the face), before these incidents occurred. Would either of these changes have enough impact alone, or together, to cause this issue?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    Ran the same set up a couple of days ago and had two failures to lock back on an empty magazine. Both issues occurred with the same ammo, the Fiocchi 55gr 223. One occurred with a Gen 2 pmag, the other occurred with a new gen 3 pmag. I'm inclined to believe its the ammo and will test out some 556 next outing with the same mags to verify. I did add a Geissele Maritime bolt catch as well as a ported/vented Radian charging handle (an attempt to lessen the gas to the face), before these incidents occurred. Would either of these changes have enough impact alone, or together, to cause this issue?
    Ammo and that bolt catch both have potential to cause your issues. I'd really be curious to know the gas port size on that barrel.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Ammo and that bolt catch both have potential to cause your issues. I'd really be curious to know the gas port size on that barrel.
    Not measuredby me, but the Sionics RGP barrel is .070 or .071 depending on who measures it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    Not measuredby me, but the Sionics RGP barrel is .070 or .071 depending on who measures it.
    Never mind.. I've got two threads in my mind at one time... Forget the gas port comment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12