Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone ever use "speciality" 12 guage ammo?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot TX View Post
    Well, they DO suck from a shotgun, but flechette rounds from a 90mm or 106mm Recoiless Rifle were a WHOLE 'NUTHER SUBJECT!
    Good from Hydra 70's too.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum9x19mm View Post
    to quote a friend of mine:

"exotic shotgun shells are like exotic massages; at the end of the day you're paying top dollar just to get jerked off."

Might have to be my new sig

Some of the specialty rounds have great use with in limited operational requirements. However, that implies that the shotgunner is part of a larger team that can cover his can while doing so.

Less Lethal are best used when the shotgunner is covered by someone with lethal munitions like 5.56mm in support. If you don't get the desired effect your partner takes over. Mix 12 ga. less lethal and lethal in the same operator and you are always just one high stress moment away from a bad day. For civilian use you are better off not using them as the liablity concerns are as bad or worse then they are for the police AND you most likely are not going to have a partner to CYA.

Some of the various banger type rounds have potential in various operational situations. I have seen them used to supplement flash bangs in various fashions and am currently looking at the potential for use of the muzzle blast designs with convoys to warn civilian drivers away. The .mil also has a program for this called the Joint Less Lethal Warning Munition, as I recall they are to burst at around 100m.

The various breaching rounds are great tools for LE and Mil, but are still often misunderstood as to employment. Again, while they might be cool for civilian use, actualy using them opening doors is going to be hard to explain.

The exotic lethal loads are pretty much good ways to part you from your money, your better off with 00 or slugs depending on your needs. For what a shotgun is best at you are better off with 00.

The "Ferret" type chemical rounds are also best desribed as a supplement to gas grenades. If able I would type to have 37mm or 40mm gas avalible for the agcency to fill that role, but the 12 ga does have it's place.

The 12ga. Tasers look interesting for LE, but at $100 a shot........................
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabellum9x19mm View Post
    to quote a friend of mine:

"exotic shotgun shells are like exotic massages; at the end of the day you're paying top dollar just to get jerked off."
    Buy that man a beer thats the best I have heard in a while

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123