Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATACR, Vortex Razor, or??

Feedback Score
    Yes, I looked at the SFP model. I feel that optics over 10x benefit from FFP. This will be the route I go. If all my shooting was going to be from the bench at max magnification I'd go with the SFP option.

My goal is to get the most out of the 5.56/223 and then decide if the cost of going to a large frame ar is worth it. The Sierra TMK's give the 223 longer legs and make the decision tougher. Even paying the price for the TMK's is cheaper than 308. I thought about a Grendel, but feeding issues and bolt life are concerns. I don't want a wildcat. A MWS is a proven, reliable weapon that offers 308 and 6.5 creedmore. If I end up there, this scope will move to that rifle. It'd suck to end up underglassed again.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Do you have the SHV FFP F1?

I have the SHV F1 4-14 and find the reticle thicker than what I would like for precision work (but great for picking up UD pop-up targets quickly). OP requested "as much range and accuracy as possible" so I would not recommend the SHV F1. It's literally my only gripe with that optic.

I've never compared the NXS or ATACR side by side with my SHV. Would be curious to see if they're a bit thinner. They would almost have to be especially on the >20x optics.
    I too have the same gun and optic as Eurodriver. I dig my SHV. I also have the ACTAR, its awesome if you the cash get the ACTAR, otherwise that SHV is killer for the cash. I want another SHV, because to get F1 and the zero stop is decent and mag is juts quite a package for $$$. The reticle is a bit bold, but doesn't bother me as much as Eurodriver eveidently, I think my old eyes like it OK. I would say for shooting super tight groups, no, but for AR work, its GTG IMHO.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-02-18 at 19:55.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Thanks to all for the informed, experience based views and recommendations. I think I'll go with the ATACR. I've been happy with the unimount my NSX is mounted in so I'll go with the same for this. The only things left are deciding if I should get the mil-c or stick with moa and paying the bill.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Razor is cool if you want to turn your man-portable into a crew-served. Ask me how I know...

ATACR has seemingly no downsides if you can afford it.

Feedback Score
    Have you considered the Leupold Mk5 3.6-18 with Tremor 3 reticle?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12