Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Range Report with SR-25 APC M-Lok

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)

First Range Report with SR-25 APC M-Lok

Finally was able to have some time to shoot my new rifle today. Its a SR-25 APC MLOK with.. Steiner Mx5i 3-15x50mm MSR reticle in Mil/Mil. 34mm KAC 19moa mount. MAMS muzzle device. KAC clamp on offset sights. KAC bubble level/anti cant device. Geissele SD-E trigger. Surefire M300C with SR05 switch. KAC Mlok offset scout mount. Picture of rifle is below.

Attachment 38745

First impressions.. Fit and finish is outstanding. I don't think I can say a bad thing about it out of the box. Ok maybe the grip I'm not the most fond of.. Still saving up for something else. The URX4 Mlok is one of my new favorites. Feels like my Geissele MK1 and 3 rails. Not too fat, but not too skinny like the BCM KMR. Not as heavy in hand as I was thinking out of the box. Until I bolted everything on, added quite a bit of weight. I could go into detail about the bolt on stuff, MD, irons, scope, etc, but I'm not going to review all of those here unless specific questions come about.

Today was sunny in the 60s. Blowing wind, swirling, and between 15-25mph constantly. Oh well, what can you do. Ammo was FGMM 175gr. Shooting off a table with bags.

First 5 rounds down range were to try to even get on paper. Was only able to use the 100, so good thing I had someone spot for me. Had to give it roughly 7 mills at 100 meters to get on paper. 19moa scope mount and its kinda what I expected. This is my first gas 308 rifle. I have always shot bolt rifles in anything larger then your standard 5.56 AR. So this rifle is my first 308 gas gun. Right out of the gate, I thought it felt like a overgassed, suppressed 5.56 rifle. I'm sure the MAMS helps keep this tamed down. I am impressed. I thought it would be worse of a "buck" if you will.

Next 3 rounds looked like this...

Attachment 38744

Ok so now I know it can shoot. Made a few adjustments and shot the rest of what was in my mag.. 6 rounds.

Attachment 38746

My test target came in at .997 so Maybe someone can take all these photos and plug them into a calculator for me... Please and Thank you. Let it rest for a few minutes and was messing around with a buddies 5.56 who bought some Sprinco Springs to test out. So back at the SR25. I loaded up 8 rounds in my mag and gave it a go again. I was trying to "time" the gusts of wind as it was so inconsistent. Times it had to be 30+ blowing sand into everything and pulling all the cardboard stapled to 2x4s off the stands.. Don't think it ever got below 15mph. I gave it .2 mils and shot my group. It wasn't the best, but it will work. 3 rounds touching, and another 3 of the rounds are all stacked in one hole almost. Felt ok about that. Bottom left was 1st round. Just right of center was second. Vertical 3 were 3-5. 6-8 were upper right in same hole almost. 8 rounds total.

Attachment 38747

I did some steel plate shooting after this for about 30 rounds and passed the rifle back and forth for few others to shoot. Went back one last time to paper and shot this group.

Attachment 38748

So that's it for now. Not the ideal shooting conditions for groups, but you just have to take what your dealt. Didn't have time to shoot it more at distance. Just enough to get it close for today. I will report back after I have time to get it out again. Hopefully a no wind day to get a better idea of what the rifle (and I) can do. Thanks to Jack (KAC) for the info and recommendation of the APC.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 04-03-16 at 18:18.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Here is the target that came with the rifle from KAC.
    Attachment 38749

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nice shooting, and nice rifle

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Nice shooting, and nice rifle

Thanks for the calculations. So I guess it's in line with the test target from KAC. Prob good enough for the intended purpose of the rifle. I wasn't sure what to expect as far as accuracy goes from a 16 inch semi 308. If I can get it to tighten up a little I will be very pleased. Few rifles I have group much better at further distances then what they show at 100. So we'll see how it does when I get some more time behind it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Dude, those groups look pretty big. There's something wrong with your rifle. Send it to me for further "examination". No ETA on turnaround time. Since you're a member here, I'll even pay for shipping.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Dude, those groups look pretty big. There's something wrong with your rifle. Send it to me for further "examination". No ETA on turnaround time. Since you're a member here, I'll even pay for shipping.
    Don't listen to Benito! Nothing wrong with your rifle at all. Regardless send it to me for a permanent evaluation and just be done with it.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Don't listen to Benito! Nothing wrong with your rifle at all. Regardless send it to me for a permanent evaluation and just be done with it.
    I think I'll try to work out the issues before I let you guys dig into it

The fist 5 rounds in the 8 round group look to be under or right at an inch. So I was OK with that. Hoping it was just wind that pushed the next 3 right. Wind was strong left to right at the time. Jack said these will be "around 1moa" for thousands of rounds. So it's exactly that so far. Not sure what the 6 round group was, but looks to be close to 1 inch also.

The vertical rise is pretty consistent. Each group shot began with the lowest impact on the target. They were, also, the closet to point of aim. So I'm pleased that the cold bore rounds aren't flyers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Did it come with the offset sights?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Did it come with the offset sights?
    Negative. It came with the standard micro backup iron sights.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Negative. It came with the standard micro backup iron sights.
    Good call on the sights. I really started digging offset sights after trying them out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast