Thread: Mossberg jerry michlek 930 pro

Feedback Score

Mossberg jerry michlek 930 pro

Well, walked into sportsmans for some stuff but walked out with a mossy 930 jm pro because of a great sale, i was wondering if the magpul stock for the mossy 500 will work on this? Looks like its the same shotgun just with jerrys name on it. Also, its a semi, and my first shotgun ive ever owned, any tips and pointers? Any thing you guys reccomend i get for it? Primary purpose is 3 gun and home defense

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    First thing is go shoot it...put a hundred rounds of birdshot through it to see how it's going to run. Put some slugs through it to see where they're hitting. 2 things I learned right off about 3gun...make sure your guns are reliable and know your zeros. At some point figure out how you want to load in matches...quad loading is something to look into to be competitive.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 12-31-17 at 00:09.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    Well, walked into sportsmans for some stuff but walked out with a mossy 930 jm pro because of a great sale, i was wondering if the magpul stock for the mossy 500 will work on this? Looks like its the same shotgun just with jerrys name on it. Also, its a semi, and my first shotgun ive ever owned, any tips and pointers? Any thing you guys reccomend i get for it? Primary purpose is 3 gun and home defense
    The Mossberg 500 is a pump. The pump stock will not work on a 930.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post

I got mine on a great deal also, was looking for a Stoeger 3000, they didn't have one, the JMPro was on sale and......I like it, gas driven so it shoots fairly soft.

One common complaint when I bought mine was the fit of the extended mag tube onto the mag tube. Shell rims or the follower would sometimes hang up at the joint. Mine had that problem, I had a friend at the LGS chamfer the end of the mag tube and viola, fixed it.

Like I said, this was a common complaint, they may have fixed it in subsequent production, mine is several years old.

Basic 3-gun mods won't hurt you for home defense:

!. Most folks send the lifter off to have it welded, here is one commonly used guy:

http://www.c-rums.com/Shotgun.html

Here is a source for a completed one so you don't have to wait:

https://southern-kentucky-tactical.m...g-930-polished

The lifter mod involves lengthing the carrier and elimination the slight 'u' at the front in order to facilitate faster loading and keep you thumbnail intact.

2. Shell carriers. Sidesaddle, and forearm mount.

3. Most people open up the loading port area. Google '3 gun loading port modification' or something like that to find pics and videos.

4. Slimline the rear of the forearm.

My experience with three gun is that folks are willing to help you out, show you their gear and tell you how they did their mods. It may be different in your area, but once I made sure the gun ran, I'd do a match or two before whacking away on it.

Good luck.