Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X Coming January 22, 2018

Feedback Score
    I just checked Glock's website. For width (with red bars on each side of the slide) they list a Gen 4 G19 as 30mm, a Gen 5 G19 as 34mm, and the 19X as 33mm.

www.us.glock.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I had issues with a couple of my kydex holsters not working with my gen5 Glock 19, as the dual slide stop was hitting the side. I took a hair dryer set on high and heated up the portion of the holster, then pushed it a bit using a flat head screw driver. I was able to modify all of my holsters in about 5 minutes per holster.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Does not fit!
    Not this.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    This.

Not this.
    Having to modify something means it does not fit. As per the post above yours they are different widths.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    So Raven Concealment Phantom for G17 Gen 4 should fit Gen 5 no problem? Have a match coming up and didn't even occur to me that this was an issue? Checked just now my Gen 5 17 & 19X. Seemed a little harder to take out but im sure its because there new around the trigger guard. No issues with slide stop.

Had an older DeSantis kydex that will not enter past the right side slide stop. Not the kind of thing i would want to find out at a match without a spare working holster.

Thank you.
    Last edited by PLCedeno; 02-25-18 at 22:42. Reason: Re-test
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I’ve used a heat gun a few times on two different Safariland ALS holsters. The DG Switch on the X300 light made the fit too tight. We heated it up and bent the lip out a little until the bar on the switch fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PLCedeno View Post
    So Raven Concealment Phantom for G17 Gen 4 should fit Gen 5 no problem? Have a match coming up and didn't even occur to me that this was an issue? Checked just now my Gen 5 17 & 19X. Seemed a little harder to take out but im sure its because there new around the trigger guard. No issues with slide stop.

Had an older DeSantis kydex that will not enter past the right side slide stop. Not the kind of thing i would want to find out at a match without a spare working holster.

Thank you.
    I have a RCS Phantom for a G17 Gen4 and It fits my 19X fine.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrmymiles View Post
    I have a RCS Phantom for a G17 Gen4 and It fits my 19X fine.
    So the sky isn't falling?

From what I've read while considering a Gen5 or 19X, it just depends on the holster maker and is pretty easy to modify in most cases if it doesn't fit.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post

From what I've read while considering a Gen5 or 19X, it just depends on the holster maker and is pretty easy to modify in most cases if it doesn't fit.
    Yep it just seems to depend on how much space they have to accommodate the ambi slide lock. My friends G26, and G19 would not fit in my Incogs for example.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Nope.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I noticed that the Stealth Gear Ventcore holster I received about a month ago already has a little bulge added for the Gen 5 right side slide lock lever. I’m guessing all the manufacturers are in the process of updating their existing holsters like that.

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast