Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X Coming January 22, 2018

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan74 View Post
    With a threaded barrel the G19X is the ultimate suppressor host from Glocks lineup.

The G19 has borderline too small grip when shot suppressed. And that is with bare hands or thin gloves, with more substantial gloves the grip really is too small. G17 has unnecessarily long slide/barrel for suppressed use, so G19X probably hits the sweet spot.

G19X might also be the optimal gun for winter: with insulated gloves the G17 sized frame is much better for me, as I can always get a good grip, even with numb or snowy hands. Since I do not care for the longer G17 slide, G19X might offer the best balance of features.
    Bingo!

For me this makes more sense than the Gen 5 Model 17. Neither would be able to be carried AIWB in the summer here in the Deep South but strong side IWB and OWB? Yep.

A 19 WILL conceal better but I don't care. I like this for it's geometry and for what it is.

I'll bet it's great to shoot as well.

Reminds me of the P30, VP9, FN 509 and a few others. And they are all great handling pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hile View Post
    I'm not blue label qualified by itself. I get one per year via GSSF coupon.
    Looking for my GSSF coupon... Will call them tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    The more I think about it the dumber it gets. Can you imagine Colt making an AR that didn’t accept all Factory Colt AR magazines!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    E-Mags vs P-Mags, anyone?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan74 View Post
    With a threaded barrel the G19X is the ultimate suppressor host from Glocks lineup.

The G19 has borderline too small grip when shot suppressed. And that is with bare hands or thin gloves, with more substantial gloves the grip really is too small. G17 has unnecessarily long slide/barrel for suppressed use, so G19X probably hits the sweet spot.

G19X might also be the optimal gun for winter: with insulated gloves the G17 sized frame is much better for me, as I can always get a good grip, even with numb or snowy hands. Since I do not care for the longer G17 slide, G19X might offer the best balance of features.
    You just sold me on it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Am I missing a shorter light option or overestimating the percentage of LE that use a weapon mounted light?

For me a full size pistol always has an X300 attached.
    The Insight APL-C is pretty short. Not sure yet if its worthy of a duty gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Looking for my GSSF coupon... Will call them tomorrow.

It was April/May when I got my initial (lifetime) membership last year. Do they send them all out at the beginning of the year in subsequent years, or do they send them around the time of one's anniversary?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It was April/May when I got my initial (lifetime) membership last year. Do they send them all out at the beginning of the year in subsequent years, or do they send them around the time of one's anniversary?
    Not sure. I've been busy all morning. I'll call after lunch.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    The Insight APL-C is pretty short. Not sure yet if its worthy of a duty gun.
    The new 500 Lumen Streamlight TLR7 that will officially be unveiled at SHOT looks like a winner as well. Sits flush on a Glock 19. I have a real hard time truly trusting anything from Inforce the past few years. YMMV
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Mine have been around the anniversary date. I signed up in July. Getting a regular red label 19X when they come out, will probably get a Gen 5 26 sometime after, and thinking I may use my GSSF coupon this year for a Gen 5 34.

Feedback Score
    Angry Driver, you sound like me. I will at least check out the 19X. And I think my GSSF coupon this year will be a Gen 5 34 MOS.

Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast