Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X Coming January 22, 2018

Feedback Score
    A lot of companies seem to want to go with a service pistol with a full sized frame, and a concealment-ish upper.

Beretta for decades on multiple models.

I don’t get it.

I don’t want a service pistol or a Comp gun with a short upper.

I either want a service pistol, or a compact, or a subcompact.
    With a couple of variations, such as

Wake me back up when the put a 17 upper on a 19 frame.

And a 26 upper on a 19 frame.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I don't see what purpose this combination serves. Maybe next year they'll put a Glock 26 frame on a Glock 34 slide. Paint it tan, of course. Call it the Glock XXX.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I remember when people were poo-pooing the P30/VP9 for having a 19 slide but a 17 grip.

I remember when people were paying big money for grip chopped 17's.

I remember when people were begging for a tan colored Glock 17 with a SHORTER slide....no wait....I dont remember that at all.

Had this been the other way around, I'd have probably bought one. I have no room in the safe for more pistols that arent serving a real purpose for me. This would not solve a single problem I've ever had with a Glock 17 or 19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm kind of with most everyone else here, the 19 slide on a 17 frame makes little sense. I don't see much purpose for it in general. The only place that it might make sense is someone perhaps wanting to do a "Roland special" type set up with a RDS and comp, but wanting a longer 17 length grip. The RDS would make the sight radius less of an issue, and you end up with something that is about Glock 34 in length if my memory serves. Also this would have an ambi slide release and none of that goofy cut out. So that might draw some and make lefties happy. So, yeah, i could see a small niche for it. Maybe someone who is very rotund who the grip length is more of a concern than the length of the barrel, but yeah. A 17 length slide and 19 length frame would be more appealing to many.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Glock has got to get the award for "does most with least." It amazes me how often they can recycle the same basic gun.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mamma View Post
    Glock has got to get the award for "does most with least." It amazes me how often they can recycle the same basic gun.

Joe Mamma
    Devils advocate here:

What do you want them to do?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Glock 19X Coming January 22, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Devils advocate here:

What do you want them to do?
    Add ****ing forward serrations and fix the MOS platform so that the screws don’t come loose. I really don’t think they need to do a ton, because they’re close. But they always seem to be beating around the bush when it comes to making the “perfect” gun. And that’s not even addressing performance issues like BTF or the more recent trigger issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 12-31-17 at 14:05.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Everyone says this is backwards but Sig very quickly discontinued their Compact Full Length Slide P320. They didn't even sell well at blowout prices. They sell a metric ton of their Carry szed guns which mimic this, so...

Hell the X-Carry was the most back ordered Gun at my Local FFL.
    Yea well that’s because most fudds are autismos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yeah no forward serrations was stupid, it’s not like they don’t know how.

Feedback Score
    Everyone is saying it's the opposite of what they should have made.

Glock has a history of this, though. Remember the G42 came out before the G43 (the one everyone wanted) Everyone bought the G42 thinking it was as close as they'd get to a single stack 9mm subcompact.

They just want you to buy twice. I wouldn't be surprised if a G19L came out later in 2018.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast