Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19X Coming January 22, 2018

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Glock 19X Coming January 22, 2018

Howdy!

Dirty fingernails and all. It fits pretty well. Not quite as well as the Beretta 92R I got from Mac Bolan did.

The lip is better than the finger groves were. Rhe bottom lip pushes my pinky out a little. Mags are loaded. I'm hitting the range quickly this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 02-20-18 at 05:55.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I can't stand the finger grooves in storage case. When will Glock start listening to it's customers!?!
    That is something I could Dremel. Unusually don't worry about keeping cases but this is one people will want because it's different. I'll make sure to save it.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I can't stand the finger grooves in storage case. When will Glock start listening to it's customers!?!
    LOL, awesome.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

Mags are loaded. I'm hitting the range quickly this morning.
    Let us know how it shoots for you.

I'm trying to resist the temptation to take a drive to my Blue Label dealer and pick one up. Especially after I handled one at a local store recently.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

The gun ran great. I thought I was imagining it but the slide is running across the top of my hand. I must be gripping higher w/o the finger groves. I will be trying one of the beaver tail back straps ibrillee my eyes at last night. What size back strap is installed by default? I will try a larger strap too if that's an option. I think there were 4 more in the box.

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com
    20180220/89708f158ad0e815152c8ce9cb57c885.jpg[/IMG]

Standard 1911's have always made me bleed. I've never noticed the slide on a Glock before. I've carried one since 1992. I ran the three mags it came with plus a 33 round mag for a total of 89 rounds. Ejection was excellent. The 19 +1 the extended mags were pretty comforting. It makes the gun a little longer than I'd like. I'll probably buy more 17's for it.

My newer Colt had four light primer strikes in a row. I have a brand new Colt FA BCG in the gun. I stripped it down and lubricated it. It was pretty sticky. No issues after that.

Last edited by usmcvet; 02-22-18 at 12:21.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    For me, I use the tallest beaver tail back strap on my Gen4 & 5 Glocks. This makes the circumference the same as a gen3 gun. The beaver tail backstrap also keeps the slide from hitting my hand like in your pictures.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    For me, I use the tallest beaver tail back strap on my Gen4 & 5 Glocks. This makes the circumference the same as a gen3 gun. The beaver tail backstrap also keeps the slide from hitting my hand like in your pictures.
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I, too, run a beavertail backstrap. I use the smaller of the two, but to be honest, I haven't tried the larger one. On my Glock 20, I'll certainly have to use the smaller of the two, I think.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

I put the beaver tail on and took it right off. I might try it again later. It didn’t look or feel right to me. I installed the medium back strap that felt like the Glock grip I’m used to. The trigger pull and reset seem smoother on this gun. I didn’t notice it shooting but did dry firing tonight. I don't have the slide running across my hand with my Gen 4 G17 or G22. This gun is different. I think it's the lack of finger groves. I looked at my ALS holster yesterday and I don't think the gun would fit with the beaver tail on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 02-25-18 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Same here with the beaver tail and observations with the trigger and reset.

As an impulse buy, overall I like the gun a lot. My one HUGE disappointment is the fact that it does not fit existing kydex holsters. I have a ton of Glocks and I am set up well with holsters so having to buy new holsters is a pain in the ass. In defense of the G19x, this is an issue with the entire Gen5 line.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I put the beaver tail on and took it right off. I might try it again later. It didn’t look or feel right to me. I installed the medium back strap that felt like the Glock grip I’m used to. The trigger pull and reset seem smoother on this gun. I didn’t notice it shooting but did dry firing tonight. I don't have the slide running across my hand with my Gen 4 G17 or G22. This gun is different. I think it's the lack of finger groves. I liked at my ALS holster yesterday and I don't think the gun would fit with the beaver tail on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast