Thread: Sinterfire frangible ammunition

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Sinterfire frangible ammunition

I’m interested in trying this ammo to shoot at steel at short range. Anyone have experience and/or opinions on the Fiocchi 223 45/55 gr Sinterfire ammunition? Can it be used through a suppressor or is there risk of damage?

NC
    Last edited by nightchief; 12-31-17 at 23:38.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve used in in .40 S&W and other than being extremely dirty, it worked well.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wouldn't shoot anything that doesn't have a real jacket through my gun. I don't know what this particular bullet's construction is. Federal used to make a NT frangible round that was good. If I want to get closer with steel I buy some thin jacket varmint rounds or soft point 55 gr hornady, and angle the steel in a safer manner.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    This is the bullet that is loaded in the Fiocchi cartridge:

http://sinterfire.com/store/index.ph...tegory&path=60

Their website says the bullet is constructed with copper and tin, then heat treated

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...gible-bullets/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There's no way I'd run that bullet in any gun. Without a jacket, the bullet can come apart. There were stories here of some Military frangibles like that where the throats were destroyed by those kind of bullets.

Barnes makes a good frangible bullet, but it was kind of pricey for blasting away at close up steel.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v