Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Never owned a suppressor, advise needed

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have a Silencerco Omega with a Saker 556 and Sparrow on the way. The Omega is a very versatile and relatively lightweight can. If you only plan on owning one suppressor, I would take a look at this model or something similar. My only real gripe is that there is a lot of back pressure when using this model. My limited understanding of suppressor technology tells me that this is indicative of how the Omega achieves its decibel reduction levels across a wide variety of calibers. Look into their Blue Label program, as well, to see if you qualify.

Feedback Score
    I will cast a solid vote for the Gemtech Halo, and attaching suppressors to standard flash hiders.

Buying $100 muzzle attachments to move a suppressor around is pretty ridiculous. Having said that, it's not quite as plug-and-play as they make it sound. Most A2 flash hiders are 'timed' with a crush washer. Most suppressor manufacturers say never use a crush washer with a silencer. If you remove the A2 and trash the crush washer, your slots probably won't go 'up' when you put it back on (although I have a big bucket of A2 flash hiders, and I've been known to keep trying them until I find one that is timed right).

There are a number of solutions. My favorite, and the easiest solution, is to replace the A2 flash hiders with A1 flash hiders, and screw them down with no shims or crush washers at all. Being radially symmetrical, no matter where it stops, it's good to go. A1 flash hiders usually cost less than $10 new.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have 2 M4-SD2 cans from Griffin. I am more than satisfied. I use them with a mix of A2 flash hiders as well as Griffin muzzle devices.

Feedback Score
    My first rifle suppressor was a Silencerco Omega. I wanted versatility to use it on hunting rifles and AR’s. The Omega is modular so you can either use QD mounts or direct thread. I use QD mounts on my AR’s and direct thread on my bolt action hunting rifle. I would encourage anyone buying there first rifle suppressor to go with a .30 cal. just for the versatility to use on multiple calibers. I did a lot of research before I bought my Omega and I have no regrets.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123