Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIG Romeo 6T: Operator Grade Optic or Range Toy?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    If Aimpoint or Trijicon would come out with an optic that has an unlimited illumination life, I'd be all over it.

I don't run red dots as a rule because I prefer non-electronic (i.e. not dependent on batteries) when it comes to optics. I run ACOGs, but also realize they have a limitation of the Tritium degrading.

I'm always looking for something that either bypasses or compensates for these two limitations.

(Iron sights are always "on").
    I doubt a SIG red dot, even with infinite battery life, would outlast the tritium in an ACOG. And a fiber optic ACOG lasts a long time also. I would be surprised if a Sig optic even outlasted the first set of batteries in an Aimpoint.

I agree about irons.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I doubt a SIG red dot, even with infinite battery life, would outlast the tritium in an ACOG. And a fiber optic ACOG lasts a long time also. I would be surprised if a Sig optic even outlasted the first set of batteries in an Aimpoint.
    Honestly, I suspected as much before I started this thread. I wanted other opinions to make sure I wasn't just biased because I'm an ACOG fanboy.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produc...3.php?pid=TX30

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ....php?pid=SRS01

FWIW, I have a RX01NSN that's older than my kid, and is still glowing the orange fireball of death...
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 01-19-18 at 11:48.

Feedback Score
    I tried to research this about a year ago. These are PROBABLY made alongside Holosun in China. The Chinese also made another capacitor discharge/solar red dot. They seem to be the only ones to do so.

But asking if it is good enough for "an operator" to me is the wrong question. An operator is backed up by at least 10 non-combatants supporting his needs. An operator goes in with a team who can briefly cover for him in an equipment failure. An operator picks the time and place he will fight.

The question really should be is it reliable enough for a home defense/SHTF setting. There, you are going to bounce out of bed, dark, in the middle of the night, responding to some (as yet unknown) emergency. You are not going to have time to test your equipment and nobody is going to cover for you while you check malfunctions. This fight picked you, you did not pick it, you have no control over the time, place, circumstances of the situation. You are the one that needs something reliable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12