Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 5 G26 and G34

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Years ago I carried a 35 on call outs and bought a 34 for personal use. Over the years as my eyes changed I found the sight radius hindered me and sold them off for my current 23 and 19's. I'm all in with red dots on rifles but never had a desire to have one on a pistol as I always considered them for games and competition. Maybe some day I'll try one.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Think of it as future proofing your Glock. The option to mount a sight exists if you want it in the future.
    If I want a red dot sight sight, I’ll have it milled so it is lower and a perfect fit. I’m unimpressed with MOS models.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Pardon my ignorance as I don’t have any RMRs on my pistols, but how/why is the MOS done wrong for RMR use?

Though I have no desire to use and RMR and therefore don’t need the MOS, I figured I can just run irons only.

Do the MOS models have better or worse resale/desire than standard?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    hotrodder636, I think people want the red dot to sit lower. Me? I'll use the G34 MOS Gen5 once I get a blue label coupon.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance as I don’t have any RMRs on my pistols, but how/why is the MOS done wrong for RMR use?

Though I have no desire to use and RMR and therefore don’t need the MOS, I figured I can just run irons only.

Do the MOS models have better or worse resale/desire than standard?
    Quote Originally Posted by hile View Post
    hotrodder636, I think people want the red dot to sit lower. Me? I'll use the G34 MOS Gen5 once I get a blue label coupon.
    Exactly what Hile said. I am very new into red dots on handguns but I have used a few of the MOS models and the height seemed more difficult for me to deal with. Add that to the fact that some RMR holsters simply don't work with it because of that, it's a nice option from the factory but milling by one of the good guys is the way to go.
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 02-16-18 at 18:50.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I think the plus to the plate on the MOS-series pistols is that if one wants to change optics (say, from a DeltaPoint to an RMR-06), it's as easy as swapping the plate. Just like swapping from my T2 or Comp M5 to, say, a short dot or 1-8 on my carbine.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I think the plus to the plate on the MOS-series pistols is that if one wants to change optics (say, from a DeltaPoint to an RMR-06), it's as easy as swapping the plate. Just like swapping from my T2 or Comp M5 to, say, a short dot or 1-8 on my carbine.
    Right. The unity tactical ATOM slide just does this job so much better than the MOS IMO.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Coupon?

And thank you and WickedWillis for your answer/thoughts.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Coupon?

And thank you and WickedWillis for your answer/thoughts.
    I'm a GSSF Lifetime member. One of the perks of a multi-year GSSF membership is a coupon that allows one to purchase 1 pistol per year at blue label pricing.

Feedback Score
    Relative to the MOS height, my experience is that sight co-witness between irons and RDS aids the transition. There is discernible issue when the sight plane is different than the last 10k rounds you have shot. Some folks like roll with it, others do not.

There is also a psychological suspenders and belt thing around verifying the RDS and irons being in sync.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast