Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Glock Gen 5 G26 and G34

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've carried a Gen 2.5 G27, Gen 3 G27, then Gen 4 G26. I think the non finger grooves on the Gen 5 G26 is a mistake. Quick draws from concealment with a flush mag are pretty sketch with those guns anyway and making them harder to index quickly is pretty dumb.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What is "to index" and how do finger grooves help with doing it quickly?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Snatch from you pants from under a shirt while moving and keeping eyes on a threat. Anything that helps a firm grip helps.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So it ain't about index anything but about a firm grip. Does the groove help you to hold on to it better?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I've carried a Gen 2.5 G27, Gen 3 G27, then Gen 4 G26. I think the non finger grooves on the Gen 5 G26 is a mistake. Quick draws from concealment with a flush mag are pretty sketch with those guns anyway and making them harder to index quickly is pretty dumb.
    Which is exactly why I slam my middle finger under the trigger guard to index and insure that I'm grabbing it proper at the start. I only have one Glock with finger grooves now, all of the other ones have been dremeled off because I prefer to not have them. YMMV, but I feel if you are getting a dominant sturdy grip, finger grooves don't help or hinder that.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Any idea when the gen 5, non-mos G 34 will be available?
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    The G19-4 finger grooves actually fit my hand pretty well. I do know that the overall feel of the Gen 5 17 feels better for me, though. Since I don't have a 17, I'm going to try one in Gen 5 for a couple thousand rounds. I'm guessing I won't miss the finger grooves, but I don't know that I hate them either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RifleShooter81 View Post
    Hope they release the 19m for civilian purchase.
    For all intents and purposes, they have.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345