Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The return of Stag Arms....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The return of Stag Arms....

...for me. You see, back around 2005 when I contracted the black rifle disease the very first AR-15 I bought after saving up all my pennies was a Stag Arms. I loved that rifle dearly, shot the hell out of it and it never failed me. I really have no idea why I sold it since it had always served me so well. I guess my tastes have "progressed" to the point where my safe now contains Noveske and Daniel Defense only.

Well, about 6 weeks ago on Black Friday I received a random email from Stag Arms displaying their sales. Checked out their website and ended up ordering a Stag 15 LEO (formerly known as the 2T) with the free-floating Samson quadrail for only $669. Just couldn't resist a deal like that. It finally arrived today -- and I love it! I guess I have a soft spot for 'ol Stag and like it or not my Noveskes and DD's are gonna have to welcome it in the safe.

Here she is in all her factory wetness...

Now, in the time it took to get here I ended up buying a Hiperfire EDT2 trigger and a 2A Armament T3 compensator. Also dug around my parts bin and found some things that this Stag will get outfitted with. Stay tuned for more pics after I put some test rounds through her and build her up a little with this stuff...

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Looks good, now go shoot the crap out of it!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyt16 View Post
    ...for me. You see, back around 2005 when I contracted the black rifle disease the very first AR-15 I bought after saving up all my pennies was a Stag Arms. I loved that rifle dearly, shot the hell out of it and it never failed me. I really have no idea why I sold it since it had always served me so well. I guess my tastes have "progressed" to the point where my safe now contains Noveske and Daniel Defense only.

Well, about 6 weeks ago on Black Friday I received a random email from Stag Arms displaying their sales. Checked out their website and ended up ordering a Stag 15 LEO (formerly known as the 2T) with the free-floating Samson quadrail for only $669. Just couldn't resist a deal like that. It finally arrived today -- and I love it! I guess I have a soft spot for 'ol Stag and like it or not my Noveskes and DD's are gonna have to welcome it in the safe.

Here she is in all her factory wetness...

Now, in the time it took to get here I ended up buying a Hiperfire EDT2 trigger and a 2A Armament T3 compensator. Also dug around my parts bin and found some things that this Stag will get outfitted with. Stay tuned for more pics after I put some test rounds through her and build her up a little with this stuff...

honestly it looks like a great rifle!

have fun and enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Complete Moe upper minus BCG & CH. Last Aug I jumped on an amazing deal($282.00 delivered)from them on a left handed upper during a sale.
    Seeing this on the barrel made me very happy.
    Stag upper.jpg
    Last edited by 10MMGary; 01-04-18 at 11:13.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    My very first AR was a Stag Model 1 which came about 2008 during the great Obama gun scare. Great gun but several things left me wanting. The bolt carrier had terrible staking and was easily undone. I have since remedied it with a new gas key and staked with a MOACKS. I have since sold off the upper but still have the lower which I love. This leads me to my question.
    How is the staking on the Bolt Carrier and does the bolt have any markings? Thanks and have fun with your new rifle.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10MMGary View Post
    Seeing this on the barrel made me very happy.
    Stag upper.jpg
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    How is the staking on the Bolt Carrier and does the bolt have any markings? Thanks and have fun with your new rifle.
    Didn't notice any markings on the bolt. The staking looks pretty decent to me but I'll let you be the judge. The feed ramps are a thing of beauty.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I purchased two parts kits for 64 dollars, with firing control group, on black friday.

Seem to be good, finished out the last couple lowers I had with parts to spare.

Nonetheless, I had always heard of them referred to as "mid-grade" and would like to think they're still upholding it somehow.

One trigger was pretty gritty, but probably needs to be pulled and reinstalled with some grease instead of just oil. The other is crisp as a fresh dollar bill.

Love how that rifle looks on arrival. Those additions will be shweet.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 01-05-18 at 09:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm glad you guys got what you ordered. I'm still waiting for them to answer me about the mags that were included with my conversion kits that they didn't ship.

ETA: After a 26 minute wait on hold I got through to a customer service rep. He pulled up my order number, told me he saw my emails, and asked if I had received the RMA number they had sent,(I found it in my spam folder after the call), He apologized for the delay on hold and them shipping w/o the mags. Yesterday I received shipping notification.

Issue resolved, not happy about waiting on hold, but wanted to set the record straight in case anyone read this.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 01-10-18 at 10:30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I'm glad you guys got what you ordered. I'm still waiting for them to answer me about the mags that were included with my conversion kits that they didn't ship.
    What did they say when you contacted them? I bought a M-16 profile HPT/MPI left handed BCG from them(@ a crazy low price also)it was listed as "in stock" I ordered it Dec-8-17 and it didn't arrive until Dec-21-17. I never received a reply to my day 10 or so email regarding it's shipping date. I just assumed they were backed up due to great sales and the holiday season. I do know that ownership of Stag Arms changed about a year or so back.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

Call them up and talk to them. I’ve talked/ grabbed lunch with the owners and they were good people. Don’t let a problem sit on the desk of the lowest man if it is being ignored.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast