Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCM Mod 3 grip with magupl trigger guard

Feedback Score

BCM Mod 3 grip with magupl trigger guard

I have a couple of Mod 3 BCM grips that were from spare lower parts kits that I used other grips on and I just picked up a couple of sionics "gutless" lowers this morning (well, ordered, still waiting to go pick them up in store when they're ready) and realized that Sionics is using the Magpul MOE trigger guard in their lower (the gutless lower comes without the grip, which Is why I'm using my spare parts mod 3 grip). From those of you who have had experience, will the little "duck bill" that sticks out on the mod 3 work with the magpul MOE trigger guard? The only lowers that I have the BCM grips on are using USGI trigger guards so I've never tried that particular combo. I know that the BCM trigger guard that it's meant for is VERY similar to the Magpul MOE, but I didn't know if I would have to modify the duck bill with the MOE or if it wouldn't work at all.

I figured I'd ask now while I still have the chance to order my trusty old Hogue beavertail grips before the Sionics lowers come in if their a PITA with the BCM mod 3.
    Last edited by msedward43; 01-24-19 at 18:02.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It'll work. BCM used Magpul trigger guards for a long time.

You can also cut the duckbill off. I've done a few and filed them down to g.i. dimensions in that area.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Yup, no problems with the duckbill on BCM grips and Magpul trigger guards.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    As already answered it does work, but I've found it puts a lot of pressure on my middle finger holding the weapon in one hand such as during mag changes, clearance drills, etc., so I prefer to cut it off and grind smooth.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    As already answered it does work, but I've found it puts a lot of pressure on my middle finger holding the weapon in one hand such as during mag changes, clearance drills, etc., so I prefer to cut it off and grind smooth.
    Absolutely! I thought I was the only one. Every one of my BCM Mod 3 grips gets the dremel treatment.

Cheers, Steve

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Mine didn't fit with an aluminum Magpul guard until I removed the duckbill.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It works, but the Magpul trigger guard does interfere slightly with the BCM grip. It bends the “bill” downward a little as you tighten the grip screw. The BCM trigger guard is more flat where it interfaces with the grip bill. The Magpul part works and functions fine, it’s just not a perfect fit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    It works, but the Magpul trigger guard does interfere slightly with the BCM grip. It bends the “bill” downward a little as you tighten the grip screw. The BCM trigger guard is more flat where it interfaces with the grip bill. The Magpul part works and functions fine, it’s just not a perfect fit.
    That was my experience. I prefer the protection the Mod 3 gives from the ears vs. MOE trigger guard so I relieved some material from the MOE for the bill.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-24-19 at 21:33.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Instead of removing the duck bill, I enlarged and smoothed out the radius underneath until it fit my knuckle comfortably.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    thanks guys. looking at the duck bill I realized it was super thin, so I just took a very fine bladed hack saw I had and sliced the bill off, then finished up with a little 600 grit sand paper to smooth it out. no fuss, no muss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast