Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KMW Long Range Solutions

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

KMW Long Range Solutions

I just picked up a 300WM barrel from a friend for cheap. It has these engravings. My Riflesmith pin gauged it and it has a tight bore and chamber. Its OBMR 1-10 , I suppose its a Obermeyer Barrel.

Its fluted and I think its straight taper contour, but not sure. I initially wanted to do do this build for a hunting suppressor gun. I had a T3 Manners stock. Now I picked up this heavy barrel, so hunting is out of the question. I need a 300 like a fish needs a bicycle but I have a stock with bottom metal and a barrel. Im just going to buy a cheap Rem 700 action and let my Riflesmith throw it together.

Anybody know these barrels or the company. I checked them out on the web, looked legit small gun shop guys.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-04-18 at 18:01.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Boots Obermeyer, premier barrel maker and shooter that the rifle shooting world is much diminished with him gone.
    KMW- Mr. Terry Cross. Mr Cross all but dominated the tactical rifle competition in the U.S. up to the fledgling PRS series and is a premier rifle builder as skilled as any in the country. A true gentleman, also...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFree View Post
    Boots Obermeyer, premier barrel maker and shooter that the rifle shooting world is much diminished with him gone.
    KMW- Mr. Terry Cross. Mr Cross all but dominated the tactical rifle competition in the U.S. up to the fledgling PRS series and is a premier rifle builder as skilled as any in the country. A true gentleman, also...
    Thanks for the info, great to know my gun will probably be a shooter.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Range Report:

So....I finally got this gun built. KMW Barrel, Manners T3 stock, Remmy action, Pacific Tool oversized Bolt. Badger Bottom metal, Atlas Bipod, SHV Night force F1 scope. I had to rob my SPR, ouch. Sig 7.62 direct thread can.

Anyway, the first thing we do is Mark boresights the gun. I have the VLD ammo that gave me an endcap strike last week, so we pull the can to refine Marks boresight. 3 shots clover pretty much dead on target, well done on the boresight, well done on the shooting. We then go on to test loads to get up to our 74.5grains of H1000 loads and the gun is an absolute Laser beam. One group was sub .25 and other sub .5 MOA groups. We were sighting in and testing velocity vs another 300, so we were not shooting 5 round groups. It shot every load great and shot VLD's and ELDx's great. This was a spare parts gun and is a Laser beam.

Its great when you get lucky and buy a "pull off" barrel and its a shooter. Life was good Sunday!

PB

Feedback Score
    Great news and results, Papa!
    Hard to go wrong with the components you had to work with
    Obey Acts 2:38

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFree View Post
    Great news and results, Papa!
    Hard to go wrong with the components you had to work with
    Thanks, it feels good to win one.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Congrats!

Looking forward to pics of the build.

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    Boots Obermeyer was the man, glad your barrel lives up to his reputation.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Outstanding result PB.
    Wish they all came together like this example.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast