Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New-The Wilson Combat .458 HAM'R-3000 Foot Pounds of Energy from your AR!

Feedback Score

New-The Wilson Combat .458 HAM'R-3000 Foot Pounds of Energy from your AR!

Wilson Combat is proud to introduce the .458 HAM’R.

The HAM’R is designed from concept to completion to be the hardest hitting, most powerful (practical size) AR platform carbine ever produced, exceeding the ballistics of the .450 Bushmaster, .458 SOCOM, and .500 Beowulf. By using an AR10 size bolt and barrel extension, this new cartridge is capable of handling maximum pressures of 46,000 PSI while enabling it to exceed 3,000-foot pounds of energy from a short 18” barrel.

The .458 HAM’R is more than capable of cleanly killing any animal in North America, stopping a vehicle or blasting through a brick wall. Using purpose designed “hybrid” length receivers, BCGs that are ¾” shorter than a standard AR10 and feeding from an AR15 magazine, Bill Wilson and the Wilson Combat engineering team have produced the ultimate heavy hitting semi-auto carbine.

Ammunition for the .458 HAM'R is available through Wilson Combat.

Tactical Hunter Model
    https://www.wilsoncombat.com/458-hamr-tactical-hunter/

Ultimate Hunter Model
    https://www.wilsoncombat.com/458-hamr-ultimate-hunter/

Ammo
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/458-HAMR...458H-300-RNFP/
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/458-HAMR...458H-300-TTSX/

Brass
    http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Brass-45...R-458HAMRCASE/

For more information? info@wilsoncombat.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Often Imitated-NEVER Duplicated
    Wilson Combat Online Representative
    m4carbine.net SITE SPONSOR
    www.wilsoncombat.com
    info@wilsoncombat.com
    (800) 955-4856

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    There's been a lot of discussion about a hybrid sized base for cartridges that would benefit from a bigger cartridges than the AR15 base allows but smaller than the AR10 base. I'd be interested in seeing how far this concept goes.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’d like to see the documentation regarding the ballistics. Would that $3K rifle kill game any deader than a $1K Beowulf, Bushmaster or SOCOM upper would?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    "Using purpose designed “hybrid” length receivers, BCGs that are ¾” shorter than a standard AR10 and feeding from an AR15 magazine"

IMO if they wanted mass acceptance they needed to design an upper that will fit on a standard AR15 lower.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I don't think their market is mass acceptance. The Glock and 10/22 crowd doesn't really spend much time with $3000-$4000 guns, but sometimes their ideas make it out into the market. I can't afford most of what they sell, but I do use their 38 Super mags and have minor upgraded done to projects.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    "Using purpose designed “hybrid” length receivers, BCGs that are ¾” shorter than a standard AR10 and feeding from an AR15 magazine"

IMO if they wanted mass acceptance they needed to design an upper that will fit on a standard AR15 lower.
    Does Wilson do anything with the goal of "mass acceptance"? Most people who don't know any better will opt for sub 1k 1911s over a Wilson right? Greater acceptance if the upper fit a standard AR lower sure, but I doubt their market for such a thing is anything past a niche buyer.

One of the commendable things about Wilson in my view is, they don't do mass acceptance, they do Wilson. Everyone said they'd get better mass acceptance not using proprietary mags in their SpecOp 9, yet waiting lists stretched into years I recall. I believe the new edc-x9 is no different, and they can't keep those in stock either.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-05-18 at 10:12.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Will these rounds chamber into a standard .458 SOCOM barrel and AR15 based bolt?

If so thats going to make for interesting kabooms.

Side by side how much more power does this deliver than .458 SOCOM with the same projectile and barrel length?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsoncombatrep View Post
    Wilson Combat is proud to introduce the .458 HAM’R.
    The .458 HAM’R is more than capable of cleanly killing any animal in North America
    Yeah, OK. A .308 Win will kill anything in NA other than a larger brown bear, or a polar bear. Moose get killed with 6.5 Swedish Mauser on a somewhat regular basis (in Sweden) from what I read. Do we really need an autoloading .45-70 Govt. to kill these critters? Is there an outbreak of ravenous zombie Kodiak bears?

The .458 HAM’R is more than capable of *** stopping a vehicle
    I would like to see a video or some sort of test. Last I checked anything below .50 BMG was iffy for stopping a vehicle with one shot, and even .50 BMG required some marksmanship and/or luck.

The .458 HAM’R is more than capable of *** blasting through a brick wall.
    Also would like to see a video, though I don't have any reason to doubt this claim. Won't a .308 Win FMJ do this as well?

The engineering sounds interesting. I would be more interested in a barrel extension and bolt that provides long term durability for 6.8 SPC and 6.5 Grendel case heads while fitting in an unmodified AR15 size platform. Alternately, I would be interested in someone making receiver sets sized for the rare Magpul 6.8 SPC Pmags readily available at a good price.

OK, not being super positive on this new commercial announcement, but this sounds like it's marketing to the casual hunter with too much money Cabela's crowd, the guy that buys a .500 S&W revolver and can fit a lifetime supply of ammo in one pocket with room to spare.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles11B View Post
    I’d like to see the documentation regarding the ballistics. Would that $3K rifle kill game any deader than a $1K Beowulf, Bushmaster or SOCOM upper would?
    You hunting mammoths?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Yeah, OK. A .308 Win will kill anything in NA other than a larger brown bear, or a polar bear. Moose get killed with 6.5 Swedish Mauser on a somewhat regular basis (in Sweden) from what I read. Do we really need an autoloading .45-70 Govt. to kill these critters? Is there an outbreak of ravenous zombie Kodiak bears?
    Need is a funny word. I think answer is Cuz 'Murica, that's why
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast