Thread: Savage 10FCP-SR

Feedback Score

Savage 10FCP-SR

Savage's current iteration of this model includes a 20 or 24 inch heavy fluted barrel, Accutrigger, Accustock, and a "floating" bolt head. Most folks seem to be satisfied overall with accuracy. The propriety detachable mag seems to be a source of complaints, though - from falling out on it's own to being regarded as flimsy. Anyone with any firsthand experience?

Feedback Score

Savage 10FCP-SR

I have a 20” in 6.5 creedmoor that I purchased last April that I finally got around to putting a scope on two weeks ago. I’ve yet to fire it, but if it’s anything like my other savage rifles, it will no doubt be a tack driver. Most of the complaints about the mag are due to improper seating and you do have to seat it a certain way, rear first if I remember correctly, but you can definitely tell when it’s right. I’ve also though about the CDI bottom metal to use AICS pattern mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cdclpc; 01-17-18 at 18:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Savage's current iteration of this model includes a 20 or 24 inch heavy fluted barrel, Accutrigger, Accustock, and a "floating" bolt head. Most folks seem to be satisfied overall with accuracy. The propriety detachable mag seems to be a source of complaints, though - from falling out on it's own to being regarded as flimsy. Anyone with any firsthand experience?
    Great guns. Tac Drivers.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Cabelas has a proprietary version of a similar gun labeled the 10T-SR. it's currently on sale for $550.

does anyone know how this is different and is this a good price?.. -- http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoot...3.uts?slotId=1
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    Cabelas has a proprietary version of a similar gun labeled the 10T-SR. it's currently on sale for $550.

does anyone know how this is different and is this a good price?.. -- http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoot...3.uts?slotId=1
    The Cabelas rifle appears to have a bottom bolt release, where the 10FCP-SR guns used the older style side bolt release actions. That may be important if you have plans to move the action into an aftermarket stock or chassis later on as there are more options for the side bolt release guns.

It's worth noting that Savage has announced an updated version of the rifle (that retains the side bolt release), the 110 Tactical:

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/m...TacticalDesert

It uses the new user configurable accustock and keeps the accutrigger and "heavy" profile threaded barrel. The only real negative is the use of Savage pattern magazines in place of the more standard AI pattern. Street price on these should be under $700 once they start shipping to dealers (and probably closer to $600 online), so it's still a lot of rifle for the money.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 02-18-18 at 19:32.