Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele URG-I up for pre-order

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Where did the government profile thing come from? I don’t remember hearing anything on barrel profile in the video and Brownells says that it’s Socom contour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is what I understand it to be. Daniel Defense 14.5” government profile mid length.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    No he didn’t. Rewatch the video. Nowhere did he say his company is the provider of these uppers to Socom. He said he is building a UGRI type upper. He didn’t say he has the actual contract. That is why people are asking this question.

Look at the Geissele upper on brownells website. It has an O forging upper which are the same as used on a Colt expanse and other lower end uppers. This is a clue the Geissele built uppers are not the actual URGI uppers but a URGI clone upper.
    Pretty sure it was confirmed on TOS that Geissele was not assembling the contract uppers, but supplying the components to be assembled by USASOC.

And it was confirmed, the Brownell's listings are wrong on various details. They are coming with the SF3P, not the Warcomp. And a different gas block than the contract upper.

Contract uppers are using the SF4P. DD 14.5" middie, gov profile, "special sauce" barrels, unmarked ACH's, standard BCG.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    That is what I understand it to be. Daniel Defense 14.5” government profile mid length.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Pretty sure it was confirmed on TOS that Geissele was not assembling the contract uppers, but supplying the components to be assembled by USASOC.

And it was confirmed, the Brownell's listings are wrong on various details. They are coming with the SF3P, not the Warcomp. And a different gas block than the contract upper.

Contract uppers are using the SF4P. DD 14.5" middie, gov profile, "special sauce" barrels, unmarked ACH's, standard BCG.
    Still haven’t seen where the government profile is stated anywhere.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Watch the video. You can clearly see the government profile before the gas block in the video under the hand guard.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    No he didn’t. Rewatch the video. Nowhere did he say his company is the provider of these uppers to Socom. He said he is building a UGRI type upper. He didn’t say he has the actual contract. That is why people are asking this question.

Look at the Geissele upper on brownells website. It has an O forging upper which are the same as used on a Colt expanse and other lower end uppers. This is a clue the Geissele built uppers are not the actual URGI uppers but a URGI clone upper.
    You need to settle the f**k down. I was referencing the BCG with both comments. And I wasn't being snarky. Christ.

A Geissele employee confirmed on TOS, over a week ago, that USASOC would be assembling the uppers.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Still haven’t seen where the government profile is stated anywhere.

Geissele employee confirmed gov't profile

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Geissele URG-I up for pre-order

Bummer, thanks. KAC it is.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    The only two things that interest me about this upper, is the MK16 handguard that you can't by seperately yet and maybe never, and the steel used for the barrel, nothing else.

Feedback Score
    The barrel steel is interesting. Frankly the handguard really isn’t that compelling to me compared to the MK14 but that’s just me.

The barrel alloy may not be any real benefit to those of us using regular ammo instead of M855A1.

Feedback Score
    Has there been any information released about the contract? Quantity? Fielding dates?

What are your thoughts on the future of the MK18 and M4A1 within the Navy/NSW since the USMC has large contracts open with HK for the IAR?

Do you think the URG-I will be a limited USASOC trial? Delta / CAG seem to like the HK so I was surprised

Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast