Page 29 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele URG-I up for pre-order

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    More options to mount stuff, usually lights. Though there are plenty of offset light mounts so while I like to have them, I never actually use them. I wouldn't SBR it, just find an MD you like and get it pinned. Pistol/SBR option is coming in the future from Geissele.
    Thanks, I've read a few conversations about rails, and I see a lot of people are adamant, and won't buy a rail unless it has a 45 degree rail section. I was under the impression that there was a certain configuration of lights, and other equipment that you just gotta have 45 slots for.

Feedback Score
    the 45 slots allow for use of inline light mounts rather than having to worry about finding an offset mount. I like lights at 11/1 or 5/7:00 . (I choose the lower point if I am mounting a scout light under a MAWL.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Last I checked though offsets are at least as easy to find, if not easier. And I'm pretty sure the Arisaka inline mount is the same weight as the BCM scout mount which is offset, so I'm not sure how much it matters. But it is always nice to have the option.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R.O.U.S. View Post
    I got my stripped upper in. I was looking forward to this after my first AR purchase didn't work out. The URGI is quality, but now that I have it in hand I'm not sure a 14.5" rifle makes sense for me. I haven't settled on a muzzle device, it's too awkward to run as a pistol, and I'm not sure if SBR'ing is worth it. The MK16 rail is pretty great, but I think the MK14 maybe more comfortable.

I tried running a search, but I wasn't able to find good keywords. What is the importance of the 45 degree rail sections?
    If you permanently attach your muzzle device you don't have to SBR your weapon. I would suggest a Surefire SF3P flash hider, as I have been very satisfied with the ones I've used.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R.O.U.S. View Post
    I got my stripped upper in. I was looking forward to this after my first AR purchase didn't work out. The URGI is quality, but now that I have it in hand I'm not sure a 14.5" rifle makes sense for me. I haven't settled on a muzzle device, it's too awkward to run as a pistol, and I'm not sure if SBR'ing is worth it. The MK16 rail is pretty great, but I think the MK14 maybe more comfortable.

I tried running a search, but I wasn't able to find good keywords. What is the importance of the 45 degree rail sections?
    Get the SBA3 arm brace and set it up as a pistol.

The A2 birdcage will work fine.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    If you permanently attach your muzzle device you don't have to SBR your weapon. I would suggest a Surefire SF3P flash hider, as I have been very satisfied with the ones I've used.
    I think that is good advise. If done properly, it looks quite natural. You can also choose the closed-tine version and still mount a SOCOM can, if you want. I like that one, as it looks like the BCM version, if you like the closed-tine look.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the responses. I was reluctant to respond, but I didn't want to derail the thread. I'm doing some soul searching in the mean figuring out what I ultimately want to do. Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I'd probably choose a Warcomp over a SF3P. That's the only downside I see with the complete upper: that they chose to pin/weld a SF3P instead of a WarComp. At least that setup will let me contrast the two, as my existing uppers will soon all have warcomps on them.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Looks like more URG-I options will be offered direct from G.

https://geissele.com/upper-parts/upp...er-groups.html

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Tune in to listen to Bill at 10:00p EDT on YouTube.

Page 29 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast