Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Hodge Defense rail

Feedback Score
    From the $200 price tag, it looks like it is indeed cheaper than the wedge lock.

Also in the comments they mention that it was "designed and built for a specific customer", to be "a cost effective brick (poop) house".

My uneducated guess is that they entered some kind of government contract? Government likes cost effective and durable.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyyke View Post
    From the $200 price tag, it looks like it is indeed cheaper than the wedge lock.

Also in the comments they mention that it was "designed and built for a specific customer", to be "a cost effective brick (poop) house".

My uneducated guess is that they entered some kind of government contract? Government likes cost effective and durable.
    My guess is that this rail went head-to-head with the Geissele MK16 for the USASOC contract.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by methical20 View Post
    My guess is that this rail went head-to-head with the Geissele MK16 for the USASOC contract.
    I though the contract specified the hand guard to have M-Lok slots at the 10 and 2 o’clock positions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This hand guard was not designed for the USASOC upper contract.
    IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    Hi guys, been a while.
    The new Pinch Lock rail is a attempt at providing a robust solution with a reduced cost to fill a sector in the market. Nothing more nothing less. There will be a number of variations of this handguard. The picture shown in SSD is just one of a few variations. For those who have a hard time finding my product to buy, it’s out there, and more than often sells quickly.

Cheers, Jim Hodge

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasjim View Post
    Hi guys, been a while.
    The new Pinch Lock rail is a attempt at providing a robust solution with a reduced cost to fill a sector in the market. Nothing more nothing less. There will be a number of variations of this handguard. The picture shown in SSD is just one of a few variations. For those who have a hard time finding my product to buy, it’s out there, and more than often sells quickly.

Cheers, Jim Hodge
    Thanks for the update Jim. Anything new coming at SHOT?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    BCM MCMR has MLOK all the way around except for the 12 o clock rail.Why would we go back to having MLOK in only three locations?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    BCM MCMR has MLOK all the way around except for the 12 o clock rail.Why would we go back to having MLOK in only three locations?
    I'm guessing rigidity or the extrusion profile for 45 degree M-LOK would result longer machine time?

Seems like this is the lower price point rail so it makes sense to me to reduce machine time.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Nobody is asking you to go back. If it's not your cup of tea, then pass, simple as that. I don't understand all the bitching lately.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I wish they spent half as much time producing parts and guns as they do photoshopping memes.
    NO SHIT!

Hodge = the best stuff you've never been able to get your hands on
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast