Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Getting bigger while cutting fat - possible? Also - diet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Cf is terrible for a beginner imo. It's for advanced. I say this because you really really need to know yourself. Youn get tired. Form slips little by little. Injury results. You really need ton have a firm pulse on yourself.

As to cardio my 1 mile run times only dropped when...you said it! I began running. Same for my lifts and strength training.

Crossfit is a social occasion and support group , is my conclusion.

I myself am small and weak. Crossfit kept me there for one year longer.
    Man, no offense but if your running didn’t improve either you either went to the worst programmed CF gym or you didn’t put in the effort. I’m definitely not a CF cheerleader, I think stuff like high rep Oly lifts is the stupidest thing you could do and I think CF HQ is full of chodes but if your aerobic capacity didn’t even get better then something is clearly wrong.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Cf is terrible for a beginner imo. It's for advanced. I say this because you really really need to know yourself. Youn get tired. Form slips little by little. Injury results. You really need ton have a firm pulse on yourself.

As to cardio my 1 mile run times only dropped when...you said it! I began running. Same for my lifts and strength training.

Crossfit is a social occasion and support group , is my conclusion.

I myself am small and weak. Crossfit kept me there for one year longer.
    You didn't achieve elite fitness?! This is my shocked face....
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    Man, no offense but if your running didn’t improve either you either went to the worst programmed CF gym or you didn’t put in the effort. I’m definitely not a CF cheerleader, I think stuff like high rep Oly lifts is the stupidest thing you could do and I think CF HQ is full of chodes but if your aerobic capacity didn’t even get better then something is clearly wrong.
    I'm more of an alpha, and overteaining kind of kicks your body's ass, even if it can build the spirit. I gave 110% 5+ days a week. Cf is for betas or those who won't push on their own, imo. Otherwise an alpha overdoes it and begins to suffer setback.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    You didn't achieve elite fitness?! This is my shocked face....
    at least I didn't tear anything thankfully

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Am I too late to the dog pile party?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I have had my body scanned via DEXA during my cut:

Percentage | Total | Fat | Lean
    21.7% 196.5 42.7 146.6
    18.0% 188.6 34.0 147.3
    14.2% 179.5 25.5 146.7

Read it how you want but my lean mass stayed relatively the same. I do not believe it is possible to gain any appreciable mass while on a cut as Will states.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    I have had my body scanned via DEXA during my cut:

Percentage | Total | Fat | Lean
    21.7% 196.5 42.7 146.6
    18.0% 188.6 34.0 147.3
    14.2% 179.5 25.5 146.7

Read it how you want but my lean mass stayed relatively the same. I do not believe it is possible to gain any appreciable mass while on a cut as Will states.
    Love me a dexa scan... a true heartbreaker for some.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    at least I didn't tear anything thankfully
    But CF is no more dangerous than anything else, said no rehab or ortho doc ever.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-30-18 at 14:40.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    My body fat has dropped to 11.4% in 5 weeks. I have lost 4 pounds, but my shoulders, back, and arms are noticeably bigger to myself and others.

I've tracked every.single.thing I've eaten since I made this thread.

Week 1 Average: 2071 cals per day,
    Week 2 Average: 1848 cals per day
    Week 3 Average: 2422 cals per day
    Week 4 Average: 2261 cals per day
    Week 5 Average: 2231 cals per day

My grand total average is 2,166 calories per day. My goal has been 2,150. 40% Protein, 40% Fat, 20% Carbs.

I wasn't tracking my calories prior to this, so I have no idea. Many of those averages are influenced by one or two days a week I ate a ridiculous amount of food (4,000 calories on superbowl sunday, for example) I would guess based on how many calories are actually in food I was eating >3000 calories of junk every day prior to this. I mean, a Big Mac, 20 Nuggets, Fries, and a McChicken is damn near or over 2,000 calories and that would be my lunch alone.

I am lifting weights (but no cardio due to an injury) 6 days a week. I could be making bigger gains, but I like that my waist is slimming down. I'll be curious to see where I end up in 6 months as I get the calories, macros, and weight lifting regimen fine tuned.

I'd appreciate any input from you guys on my nutrition.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-13-18 at 06:21.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    My body fat has dropped to 11.4% in 5 weeks. I have lost 4 pounds, but my shoulders, back, and arms are noticeably bigger to myself and others.
    Getting leaner often makes people appear bigger, hence why bbers do it pre contest and such. If you're FFM stays relatively stable and you lose BF, visually you'll tend to appear larger.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast