Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: barricade work with SBR or 16"?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Are your matches in the same state you live in? Also, if you’re running at Rock Castle the lighter the better and there won’t be a shot you can’t take with a 10.5”.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i have decided to keep the 10.5" brrel for now. i already have it. the cost of the new parts was quickly spiraling out of control lol. if i get this, then i should get that. if i get that, then i should get this also.......lol

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by corey4 View Post
    i have decided to keep the 10.5" brrel for now. i already have it. the cost of the new parts was quickly spiraling out of control lol. if i get this, then i should get that. if i get that, then i should get this also.......lol
    Truth.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    like a few other people have said, i am over thinking it way too much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corey4 View Post
    like a few other people have said, i am over thinking it way too much.
    Yup, go shoot the gun while running a timer. Practice will get those times down faster than a new upper will.
    Dont discount dry practice as well. You can train manipulations and target aquisition and transitions to become subconscious without firing a round.

Verify with live fire and a timer.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    if you only have one, then use that one

generally, I'd go shorter and lighter provided you could hit the target reliabily

same as I'd go with precision rifle comps. 20" for .308 is fine, but 30" is unwieldy heavier but bucks wind slightly better

depends on velocity of your rounds and distance; shoot heavier if you're traveling to comps

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Are your matches in the same state you live in? Also, if you’re running at Rock Castle the lighter the better and there won’t be a shot you can’t take with a 10.5”.
    i am doing the heartbreak 10k in ky on feb 3rd and the rock castle 10k on march 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    if you only have one, then use that one

generally, I'd go shorter and lighter provided you could hit the target reliabily

same as I'd go with precision rifle comps. 20" for .308 is fine, but 30" is unwieldy heavier but bucks wind slightly better

depends on velocity of your rounds and distance; shoot heavier if you're traveling to comps
    some time this week i am going to the range to see what the little guy can do at 300. i do have a rock river 16" hbar barrel, it's a carbine gas system though (i bought it 6 years ago before i knew any better about gas systems, barrel profiles etc). after i took all the crap off the upper and replaced it it with a light weight MI hand guard, it's only .6lbs heavier than my sbr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12