Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M1 Garand - I think I overpaid.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I will definitely pay it forward. My subject line was sarcasm, I felt like I got an amazing deal but you never really know, and there’s always someone on the internet that can get xxx gun for $250 in mint condition “all day long”

The first time I got it home I put an empty clip in it, close the bolt, and racked it back.

PING

and yes. I giggled like a little school girl. Then I cleared my house with it pretending like there had to be a Nazi or a Jap around every corner. Amazing rifle. Very very fortunate to own something like this.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think you did great, and it's a beauty to boot! I got back into an M1 myself right before Christmas finally after a few years without one. Agree on every American male at least shooting if not owning one. My first center fire rifle experience was my uncles M1, he carried one ashore on Dday and all the way through into Germany. I'll never let this one go, and good on the ammo too it's not as easy to snag now versus 5 years ago it seems.

Last edited by Fordtough25; 01-08-18 at 06:51.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You got a good deal, on a great rifle. Congrats!

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    You stole it.

Good buy.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My sarcasm meter went up when i read the title. Hell of a deal. My all time favorite rifle, enjoy it!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Awesome deal. I love the "ping" of freedom.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A REAL MahREEN woulda got a 1903.

Chesty Puller frowns upon you

(lol jk, I can totes see you at Casa del Euro clearing out Nipponese bunkers and gettin' ya Guadalcanal on in the backyard)

Now you need a Gran Torino

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    A REAL MahREEN woulda got a 1903.

Chesty Puller frowns upon you

(lol jk, I can totes see you at Casa del Euro clearing out Nipponese bunkers and gettin' ya Guadalcanal on in the backyard)

Now you need a Gran Torino
    Until Korea, Chesty actually was more fond of the M1 Carbine. And the Marines on Guadalcanal got Garands as quick as they could after landing, often by outright stealing them from the Army.

Y'do have to get an M1905 bayonet for it, though. Gotta have 16 inches of cold steel on the end of your rifle when you're facing down banzai charges and maintain parity against Arisakas with bayonets fixed.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone know anything about 270 win Garands?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Until Korea, Chesty actually was more fond of the M1 Carbine. And the Marines on Guadalcanal got Garands as quick as they could after landing, often by outright stealing them from the Army.

Y'do have to get an M1905 bayonet for it, though. Gotta have 16 inches of cold steel on the end of your rifle when you're facing down banzai charges and maintain parity against Arisakas with bayonets fixed.
    It was me ribbing Euro.

One day, one freaking day I'm gonna get a Reising or a Trenchgun and me and Euro are gonna go inna Okeefenokee and dress up in HBT fatigues and be all poetic and LARP as the Thin Red Line. Go live amongst the Guinea men, get all emotional, and like yeah

Us inna subtropics
    Last edited by Firefly; 01-08-18 at 20:19.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast