Thread: NFA build help

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

NFA build help

The shop where I armor is finishing up our Title 7 and the owner is letting us build FA demo guns. I am wanting the least recoil muzzle rise possible for my demo. Especially with full auto fire. Not concerned with compensators as it will run 80% of the time with a Specwar K, or Sandman K.

What I am thinking so far;
    -14.5 middy (BCM probably)
    -A5 RE, Springco green.

I was tempted to an 11.5 or 12.5 for barrel length, but I know the 14.5 middy is such a soft shooter. Will the extra 2 inches be noticeable rather than run a carbine-11-12.5?
    Also planning on LMT BCG to help with gas issues. (but that isn't going to effect recoil/muzzle rise.

Any suggestions that I am missing?

We are paying for the guns ourselves except for the lowers, and get to take our stuff off when we leave the shop.
    Last edited by Shiz; 01-08-18 at 01:04.
    “Do you know what happens when you slice a golf ball in half? Someone gets mad at you. I found this out the hard way.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    The shop where I armor is finishing up our Title 7 and the owner is letting us build FA demo guns.

We are paying for the guns ourselves except for the lowers, and get to take our stuff off when we leave the shop.
    How are you getting to take your "stuff" when you leave the shop? I thought the only way modern FA could be made was as a post sample by a class III with SOT 01/07 and had to stay with the licensee, no transfers allowed except to another SOT. ***or are you just building an upper to run on the shop's lower?***

As to muzzle rise, if running a suppressor the only thing I can think of you all ready have covered with the A5 system with different weights.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Right, I will remove and take all but trigger grp, sear, and lower, when I eventually leave. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Still wondering about a 12.5 carbine gas or 14.5 middy gas system comparison. I searched and didn't find anything on the comparison of the two.
    “Do you know what happens when you slice a golf ball in half? Someone gets mad at you. I found this out the hard way.”