Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer P365

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I'm interested but was waiting until after taxes. I'm glad now I waited. It will be interesting to keep following.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    Yup... As much as I’d like this, unlike the P320 I’m going to give it a solid year before I decide to jump in or not. My PC Shield 9 just keeps on truckin’ for now.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Any updates?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Look up "barrel lug peening". I would wait 2 years before buying one.
    The best outcome would be for this to light a fire under glock, h&k, s&w, etc. to come up with something similar.
    Back in the 80's, early 90s west german sigs were the definition of quality.
    Sig is coming up with terrific products that are only 90% ready to be realeased.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    So the article states it had several failures to go into battery. No thanks. I'd wait until it's been out a while and used and abused by a lot of customers before I would pick one up.
    According to the article in American Rifleman, that was a pre-production model they sent out for testing. They got a new one off the production line(supposedly) and it tested flawlessly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Whether or not the information is accurate, the sequencing of it can't be sorted out. Between Sig statements, independent reviews, pre-production samples reviewed then published an indeterminate amount of time later which is current, which is the most relevant. The internet makes the whole thing impossible to sort out, as people republish past issues with a more recent time stamp. Is it so hard to wait a few months, a year, until any potential early issue inventory has been cycled out, and sig finishes its consumer early adoption development program?

The concept is great. Added capability, increased serviceability, and from what I see of the design, the potential for increased gross margin per unit on consumer sales, parts contracts for institutional sales, reduction in service labor hours at the manufacturer. As a business, I am impressed with the direction Sig took over the past ten years. The strategy and product development is an excellent turnaround case study.

I appreciate what they did with the p365, but just the hint that the p365 suffers the same post-release development process as the rest of their product line makes the pistol impossible to choose or recommend.
    Last edited by thei3ug; 03-20-18 at 08:40.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thei3ug View Post
    I appreciate what they did with the p365, but just the hint that the p365 suffers the same post-release development process as the rest of their product line makes the pistol impossible to choose or recommend.
    Yeah, give it 12 months and then you'll know and be sure to get a Gen 2 P365, or whatever they call it by then.

That is the safest way to not get "SIG'ed" into beta testing for them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yeah, give it 12 months and then you'll know and be sure to get a Gen 2 P365, or whatever they call it by then.

That is the safest way to not get "SIG'ed" into beta testing for them.
    HAHAHA

I said the same thing to the guys at my preferred LGS. "I don't wanna get sig-ed again like I did with the mpx".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maggie06 View Post
    According to the article in American Rifleman, that was a pre-production model they sent out for testing. They got a new one off the production line(supposedly) and it tested flawlessly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    It didnt. They tried to explain them all away with hand position but they reported:

-light strikes, probably from..
    -failure to return to battery
    -no slide lock on last shot

When it comes to reviews, at least about cars and guns, you have to read between the lines. They still want the products advertising dollars so they aren't going to tell readers it's a POS.

They do that when next generation of the product comes out. "This 2017 GM/Ford/Fiat/whatever is SO much better than the old, crummy model we tested last time.." Fast forward a year, "This 2018 GM/Ford/Fiat/ whatever is SO much better than the old, crummy model we tested last time..."

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast