G&R Tactical
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Sig Sauer P365

  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    down by the river
    Posts
    469
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Here I am thinking that Sig is really pushing the envelope. I’m ok with being in the minority. I think most companies have been hanging out enjoying the success of their designs that are decades old, making very tiny incremental improvements. Sig is one of the few companies I see moving the boundary line.

    I really like my MCX and my P320. I haven’t ditched my glocks yet, but the 320 is growing on me. MCX is working it’s way into primary carbine status. I can see the 320 doing the same for pistols. The 365 is going to be my next pistol.

    Maybe I’ll get screwed by Sig and their quickly evolving generations that aren’t compatible with each other.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    CDA
    Posts
    3,589
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    That spring tension against a short reciprocating slide, coupled with a lot of new shooters with improper grips will equal a perceived unreliable pistol. Any wagers?
    Probably 100% accurate lol even in that test video.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." -George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    CDA
    Posts
    3,589
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    Here I am thinking that Sig is really pushing the envelope. I’m ok with being in the minority. I think most companies have been hanging out enjoying the success of their designs that are decades old, making very tiny incremental improvements. Sig is one of the few companies I see moving the boundary line.

    I really like my MCX and my P320. I haven’t ditched my glocks yet, but the 320 is growing on me. MCX is working it’s way into primary carbine status. I can see the 320 doing the same for pistols. The 365 is going to be my next pistol.

    Maybe I’ll get screwed by Sig and their quickly evolving generations that aren’t compatible with each other.
    I am right there with you as far as my excitement for this goes. I wanted to love the 320's, I really really like the X5 carry and the MPX however. Have yet to shoot the MCX.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." -George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    234
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    That spring tension against a short reciprocating slide, coupled with a lot of new shooters with improper grips will equal a perceived unreliable pistol. Any wagers?
    If I were to carry such a gun, I would try testing it with 10 rounds instead of 10+1, and see how that goes. In other words, skip topping the mag. Still extra capacity over most (all?) comparable guns. I carry my Kahr the same way in rare circumstances that I want a tiny gun, and have found it to be very reliable as long as I donít get greedy and top the mag after loading.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    CDA
    Posts
    3,589
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    If I were to carry such a gun, I would try testing it with 10 rounds instead of 10+1, and see how that goes. In other words, skip topping the mag. Still extra capacity over most (all?) comparable guns. I carry my Kahr the same way in rare circumstances that I want a tiny gun, and have found it to be very reliable as long as I don’t get greedy and top the mag after loading.
    I don't carry a handgun that I can't get the maximum magazine capacity plus one in the chamber, but that's just me.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." -George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    234
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I don't carry a handgun that I can't get the maximum magazine capacity plus one in the chamber, but that's just me.
    Fair enough. The way I see it is 10 >7 or 8. 10+1 would be better for sure.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    CDA
    Posts
    3,589
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Fair enough. The way I see it is 10 >7 or 8. 10+1 would be better for sure.
    I am just really hoping this thing is rock solid on release because there is so much potential that other manufacturers haven't tapped into.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." -George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •