Thread: Shield owners, extended mag release

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Shield owners, extended mag release

I wanted an extended mag release for my Shield as my little girly hands always have a problem reaching the mag release on most pistols (another reason I like the VP9 is it works well with small hands in that location but I digress...) and found this one by Tyrant CNC that's just what I wanted, and that it looks cool, is a +. Mag release and insertion is clean and tad crisper on the insert and my little thumb gets right on it. Might grab some of their mag extenders. Some interesting stuff for ARs, but I have no experience. Mag release:

https://www.tyrantcnc.com/products/s...=1501559357465
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I like it. It's not textured, so if you like a stippled finish, you might be disappointed. Otherwise, it works exactly as it should. Install was straight forward; If you've done a Glock, you will ace it. The mag extenders are the easiest to install that I've found, and take a 7 rounder to 9 with little more space consumed than an 8 round mag.

Last edited by Joelski; 04-09-18 at 20:46.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I like it. It's not textured, so if you like a stippled finish, you might be disappointed. Otherwise, it works exactly as it should. Install was straight forward; If you've done a Glock, you will ace it. The mag extenders are the easiest to install that I've found, and take a 7 rounder to 9 with little more space consumed than an 8 rounde mag.

Give it a try and let us know.

How do you like the mag extension? I have two Magguts +2 on 8 round magazines and two +1 on 7 round magazines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Give it a try and let us know.

How do you like the mag extension? I have two Magguts +2 on 8 round magazines and two +1 on 7 round magazines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like it. I'll probably add another soon and use them instead of 8 round mags.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have the LF Arms one and really like it but it seems that the owner closed down the store so I don't know if they are available anywhere else.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I like it. It's not textured, so if you like a stippled finish, you might be disappointed.
    Per above, not disappointed. Works well so far. Will grab some mag extenders.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 04-10-18 at 08:46.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just installed the hyve on my 2.0c. If I had a shield I'd get one for it too.

I agree the vp9 is optimal for smaller hands.

Feedback Score
    In a small carry gun keeping the existing mag IN is more important than a speed reload. I have seen plenty of pistols with extended releases discharge mags unintentionally and this is not something you want in a carry gun.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAVDOC View Post
    In a small carry gun keeping the existing mag IN is more important than a speed reload. I have seen plenty of pistols with extended releases discharge mags unintentionally and this is not something you want in a carry gun.
    I'm not fully tracking. Can you give more detail on that?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    From holsters to your gut if you have one to door frames seat belts office chairs you name it- anything can cause a mag release to get pushed in just enough to pop the mag. In a hard use carry gun lower profile is better. What I am saying is the rounds in the gun being there are far more important than shaving time for a reload that is very very unlikely to be needed. Sure we should all carry one and practice reloads under time pressure. I have even seen very savvy carriers shave mag releases down to minimize problems with releases being too sensitive especially with things like pocket or ankle carry