Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice for Detachable Mount

Feedback Score

Advice for Detachable Mount

I need a 30mm detachable scope mount for a Vortex Viper Gen II 2-10x32 FFP. I am only familiar with Larue and Bobro mounts. Would appreciate some help. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    My personal favorite for QD mounts is Bobro, but ADM and LaRue make excellent mounts as well.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I stick with Bobro for QD.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    My personal favorite for QD mounts is Bobro, but ADM and LaRue make excellent mounts as well.
    My personal favorite for QD mounts is ADM, but Bobro and LaRue make excellent mounts as well.

There are also some other players that I don't have experience with, like GDI. I have tried the Midwest Industries and Samson QD mounts and found them interesting but not preferable to ADM; I actually had some trouble getting the MI mount to a level of tightness that is secure but still allows removal with one hand. The Samson mount is technically interesting and secure, but a bit goofy as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My first QD was LaRue. My second was Bobro. 3,4 and 5 are Bobro. Both are well made but Bobro > LaRue. I'm not knocking the LaRue, simply saying that I think Bobro is better.

Feedback Score
    All those mounts look solid; however, I ordered a Bobro Detachable Mount (B03-202-300).
    Last edited by thegreyman; 01-31-18 at 18:24.

Feedback Score

Smile

I received my BoBro Detachable Offset Mount Friday; I am so excited about it that I'll have to sit on my hands to keep from waving at everybody!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Deleted due to low knowledge base.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-07-18 at 21:32.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have Aero Precision Ultralight mounts on a couple LPV equipped range guns.
    A mid-priced option perhaps.
    No issues to date and the scopes won't come off unless they crater, so I saw no need for QD on these two carbines.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Anyone ever swapped a scope between ADM and Larue mounts and didnt have much of a POI shift? Asking for a friend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast