Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trust Question

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Trust Question

Up to this point everything that needs stamps has been through a trust.

If I register subsequent purchases to myself, aside from paying the tax a second time, would transferring to the trust be any easier than if I originally registered the item through the trust?

All my kids are on my trust and I foresee problems actually rounding them up to get fingerprint cards, etc. Is there any way to avoid this?

Removing them from the trust and then adding them back onto the trust after the stamp is received seems legally sketchy.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Well as long as you don’t allow trustees access to the new NFA items until they are transferred into the Trust the only downside is the extra $200 you pay, BUT.....to transfer into the Trust you would still need all the trustees to fill out a Responsible Person questionnaire and submit fingerprints and photographs so there really is no benefit other than a quicker approval rate (at least for now) as an individual. If your kids want to remain trustees then have them get you copies of their info. If they don’t want to or can’t be bothered to, then remove them until all transfers are complete. You may also consider a separate Trust for each new item then add trustees as after the transfer is approved.

Feedback Score
    There's nothing really sketchy about it. The ATF came out and clearly said there was no issue with adding additional RPs after approval, with no prints or photos required.

No real difference in buying as the trust now, or transferring later. Same paperwork and same $200/ea.

Prints and photos aren't near as bad as some expect. You can roll your own for the cost of an ink pad. Photos can be done from any smartphone and print 6 off for the cost of a 4x6 at your local pharmacy/Walmart/etc.

You could also use the Silencer Shop kiosks and everybody on your trust could go to whatever their closest dealer is. Prints are a one-time visit, and photos can be updated via their app. For me, I use a local dealer that has his own LiveScan setup. He has my prints on file and just prints out new cards when needed. Same for my other two RPs.

One option is to start a new trust for each item, with you as the only RP. Then add whoever you want after approval. That's basically what the Silencer Shop One-Shot Trust (or whatever it's actually called) does.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Trust Question

I am the o oh one on my trust for now. So far I have 4 items on it. When I get to a point where o don’t see me buying for awhile I will add the others I need.

A friend of mine has a crap load of people on his trust and he is having tons of problems getting it done to order his next suppressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    All of this bureaucratic insanity because of a corrupt, out of control Agency. Complete South Park-esque insanity.

I hope Trump gets around to snipping the nuts off of this out of control nuthouse.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    All of this bureaucratic insanity because of a corrupt, out of control Agency. Complete South Park-esque insanity.

I hope Trump gets around to snipping the nuts off of this out of control nuthouse.
    Its resiculous. I did my first transfer since 41p. I wouldnt call it prohibitive, but its a PITA. It solves nothing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

Yep. Between the cost of the item, the stamp, the trust, the restrictions....insane.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    There's nothing really sketchy about it. The ATF came out and clearly said there was no issue with adding additional RPs after approval, with no prints or photos required.

No real difference in buying as the trust now, or transferring later. Same paperwork and same $200/ea.

Prints and photos aren't near as bad as some expect. You can roll your own for the cost of an ink pad. Photos can be done from any smartphone and print 6 off for the cost of a 4x6 at your local pharmacy/Walmart/etc.

You could also use the Silencer Shop kiosks and everybody on your trust could go to whatever their closest dealer is. Prints are a one-time visit, and photos can be updated via their app. For me, I use a local dealer that has his own LiveScan setup. He has my prints on file and just prints out new cards when needed. Same for my other two RPs.

One option is to start a new trust for each item, with you as the only RP. Then add whoever you want after approval. That's basically what the Silencer Shop One-Shot Trust (or whatever it's actually called) does.
    I don't believe you are allowed to do your own fingerprinting. That is from Silencer Shop. As far as the 41F process, it is straight bull stein. I'm still wading thru the process after 3 weeks and still receiving documents to sign and no form 3 filed. It isn't easy no matter how willing and eager my family are to get these documents signed we all have busy schedules and it is an unfair burden. At least we will have photos and prints on file after this. I have an SBR I'd like to get started and at this rate I'm looking at 2019 by the time I get my suppressor and SBR in hand.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jl1288 View Post
    I don't believe you are allowed to do your own fingerprinting. That is from Silencer Shop. As far as the 41F process, it is straight bull stein. I'm still wading thru the process after 3 weeks and still receiving documents to sign and no form 3 filed. It isn't easy no matter how willing and eager my family are to get these documents signed we all have busy schedules and it is an unfair burden. At least we will have photos and prints on file after this. I have an SBR I'd like to get started and at this rate I'm looking at 2019 by the time I get my suppressor and SBR in hand.
    Yes, you are allowed to do your own. The ATF simply states that they should be taken by anyone who is “properly equipped”.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    Yes, you are allowed to do your own. The ATF simply states that they should be taken by anyone who is “properly equipped”.
    Agreed. 100% allowable to roll your own prints. For that matter, I know people that rolled one good set and simply make copies when it's time to submit more.

Now, for explosives, there are different rules...and that's a ATF Q&A people bring up occasionally but they don't notice it's specifically for explosives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast