Thread: Which flash suppressor?

Feedback Score

Which flash suppressor?

I posted a question recently and it was closed for some unknown reason so I ask again.

Which flash suppressor would work on my rugged surge for my ar15, I tried to search but for some reason it is not working. I need it to be compact and work well when silencer is not attached.

Whoever closed my thread tell me why???

Feedback Score
    I'm about 99.99% sure the only flash hider that will work with that is Rugged's own flash hider.
    https://ruggedsuppressors.com/produc...gation-system/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would imagine that the most accurate answer could be obtained by asking the manufacturer of your suppressor.

Feedback Score
    i also was looking for reviews on the Rugged R3 and i can't find reviews on it either. I found someone on another forum who works for Rugged silencers and hopefully i will get this resolved.

To change the muzzle devices out do i have to use something other than a typical wrench or must it be made from aluminum or something like that?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Here's why your thread was locked:

The person who responded to your question is a senior member here and he did you a favor by providing a link to a thread that contained all of the relevant answers to your question. Using that link and the search features will give you the answers you seek.

A few more points:

1. You are new to this board, so Welcome to M4C.
    2. It's not good form to open the same thread after its been locked. Did you follow the link?
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    I did look at the link and none of it helped whatsoever, the reason for re opening a link is to find information and speak to people like all the other forums I am a member of. If one person answers and information is passed whether pertinent or not why would someone lock it up?

I am totally perplexed by that action, the only time something is locked is when there is abuse or foul language therefore this act is totally bizarre.

My goal is to ask fellow shooters for information on a subject that I am not well informed on and increase my knowledge just as I would help a fellow shooter on any subject in which I excel in myself.

I think I will stick to posting on the other gun forums as I have never had a situation like this happen in my 20 plus years of posting on all other sites.

Have a nice evening.

Feedback Score
    To answer your question a little more complete, most suppressor manufacturers have their own proprietary mount. There is no mixing and matching. What each respective manufacturer offers is it.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply, I am still learning about these things and prefer to not waste money and be disappointed.

I ask questions because of this exact reason, for all I know the threads are different as in coarse versus fine thread plus will the can go far enough back and so on.

I tried numerous times to find reviews on the Rugged R3 and I couldn’t believe there is no reviews for them. I can find reviews on just about any other gun part out there too.

I found that particular one about 70 dollars and perhaps I can snag a discount.

I am going to have to buy a different 22 handgun as my Ruger bull barrel 22/45 won’t work with a can so that is my next little dilemma. The main thing is I have several new unused cans and as I learn more it should be easier and fun.

Thanks again!