Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Suppressor - Sandman-S vs ? for 5.56

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I'm not sure how I missed the Rugged Razor. I think I'm going to have to throw that in the mix too.

It's a little shorter than the Sandman-S, but I like the Sandman mounting system a bit better.

I'll have to do some research on that one, but right now since it seems it doesn't seem like I have to give much up to go with a 30 cal can I can eliminate the Surefire from the running.

Anybody have a specific reason to choose the Razor over the Sandman-S or vice versa?
    When the razor came out, I sent a message to the dude that does the NFA review channel. He said side by side, he felt the razor had a more pleasing tone than the Saker in his opinion, despite being shorter.

That made me feel bad about my purchases.

That being said, I have heard more good things about the DA mounting system, plus they make an adapter for my current can, so I would probably go with them if i ever get something non sico.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm in the same boat as you

Why not the yhm turbo?
    Low back pressure
    Low total system weight 16.9
    Quietest afaik 134db
    Lowest cost
    And yhm flash hider works well on its own

https://modernrifleman.net/2017/08/1...o-5-56-review/

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you

Why not the yhm turbo?
    Low back pressure
    Low total system weight 16.9
    Quietest afaik 134db
    Lowest cost
    And yhm flash hider works well on its own

https://modernrifleman.net/2017/08/1...o-5-56-review/
    POI shift would be the biggest issue on this one for me. I'm also just not a big fan of the company in general.

It's also essentially the same size as the Razor without the ability to go 30 Cal. It is almost 2 ounces lighter though. Maybe I don't know what I don't know but I can't imagine 2 ounces would be a game changer for me.

Everyone's budget is different but I'm happy to pay a little more for something that I'll have for the rest of my life if it gets me a better product and more features. Just don't tell my wife there are cheaper options until the transfer is finished.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'm liking the Rugged Micro 30 too. Seems to give me Sandman-S + Sandman-K options so I can pick which one I want to use for each purpose.

In its long configuration it seems to be about the same as the Razor. Are there any downsides to the modular design?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I'm liking the Rugged Micro 30 too. Seems to give me Sandman-S + Sandman-K options so I can pick which one I want to use for each purpose.

In its long configuration it seems to be about the same as the Razor. Are there any downsides to the modular design?
    Considering this as well!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm about to "pull the trigger" on a can as well. Got my Trust notarized today and ready to roll. Sandman S is on the top of my list. I looked at the Rugged Surge, Razor and Micro but I think at the end of the day, the Sandman S provides me everything I need, good size, weight and db performance. The Rugged modular concept is nice but I dont think I would really use it as much. I am not chasing dbs but the Sandman K and Micro 30 gives up too much db performance for size. My hosts will be a 16 inch 556 and 9 inch 300 BLK. Now if I could only find a deal going on with the DA Sandman S....I just missed the free muzzle device deal which isnt much but its something.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    A .30 caliber can is nice as a first purchase as far as versatility goes. You could use it on multiple platforms and calibers. That’s what I did (an Omega, though) and am glad for it. I currently have a dedicated 5.56 can awaiting approval (Saker 556).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    A .30 caliber can is nice as a first purchase as far as versatility goes. You could use it on multiple platforms and calibers. That’s what I did (an Omega, though) and am glad for it. I currently have a dedicated 5.56 can awaiting approval (Saker 556).
    I have both as well but bought in reverse order. I use the omega far more often then the saker, it is really heavy compared to the omega. The 12.5 SBR the saker rides on got really heavy somewhere in the build (for a SBR) and it sits in the safe more than the others. The .30 can on 5.56 has been great and also camps on the 6.5c's with equal results. Ironically I have yet to put the omega on a .30 cal. I have no full auto rifles so the FA rating is overkill for me.

As to the op's question, the Dead Air mounting system is where it's at. Converting most of my sico mounts to DA keymounts as funds allow.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I have a Saker 762, Sandman S, and Socom 762 mini 2 (very similar length/weight to Sandman S). The Saker is heavy, but not overly long. I switched from the Trifecta to ASR, and finally to Dead Air's key-mo mount, which is fantastic. That mount is why I purchased the Sandman S. I'm very pleased with the Sandman. The tone is good, and it has a nice balance between suppression and back pressure. I use it on bolt guns and both 7.62 and 5.56 gas guns. It's an excellent all-around can.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    I have an Omega with Dead Air Key-Mo mount. I don't have experience with other cans, but I can't imagine being happier than I am with my Omega. I leave the .30 end cap on so I can switch between a 9" 300BLK, 11.5" 5.56, and occasionally on my 16" 5.56. My favorite is the 11.5". It's just feels so smooth. I've never noticed any gas to the face with any of them.

The only other can I'm interested in is the Sandman S. I was actually debating between the two, but my FFL had an Omega sitting in his display case when I was picking up a gun.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast