Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: First Suppressor - Sandman-S vs ? for 5.56

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    [QUOTE=dontshakepandas;2585169]I believe Rugged said this would require a Form 1 since you would be creating a new suppressor.

/QUOTE]

Fact per the ATF
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontePR View Post
    I have both the SandmanS and Razor762 and I can tell you my experience with both since those where originally in your plans.
    Both are very good and exceeded my expectations by a long shot. The Razor is lighter and shorter than the SandmanS but practically speaking the difference is negligible.
    What was very obvious to me and is the reason I keep the Razor on my bolt actions is the SandmanS performance. This can is about a half inch longer and a couple ounces heavier than the Razor. This might seem as a gain for the Razor to some but at 1/2 inch longer it has 5 baffles compared to 4 on the Razor. In my opinion this gives the SandmanS a huge performance advantage over the Razor.

I bought got the Razor before the SandmanS and was loving it on all my hosts. Didn't like the tone on my Grendel though. Now to be honest this was my very first experience with silencers, so I didn't have a standard to compare it to. Then enter the SandmanS. Immediately after the first shot,I noticed the back pressure difference. The attachment method, suppression at my ear, and tone... basically it is better in every way than the Razor.
    If I where to do it all over again, I'd get 2 SandmanS's and call it good. My 2cents.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the feedback.

Did you do any shooting on 5.56 SBRs? Did you use the standard end cap for everything or did you switch to the 5.56?

I'm thinking the 5.56 end cap would probably show better numbers at the muzzle, but increase volume and blow back for the shooter, which makes it seem like something I'd pass on.

Feedback Score
    Sorry for the late reply. I've only used the .30 cal endcap. The 12.5" sbr is in 5.56. The only non 5.56 host I have is 6.5 Grendel and x55 Swedish.
    If I'm not mistaken Mike Pappas had suggested not to run 5.56 3nd caps on SBR's because the juice is not worth the squeeze. In essence, the gains in sound are canceled by the increase in back pressure. I can see the logic behind it so I haven't even bought a 5.56 cap yet.
    The SandmanS feels right at home on my 12"BCM SBR and that is where it liv es currently. I'm telling you man, Dead Air all the way. They may not be the absolute best but you definitely can do much worse and not much better in my opinion. They have all my hosts muzzled and their cans have done nothing but exceed my expectations.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456