Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DNC, FusionGPS, Steele and finally the FBI.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

DNC, FusionGPS, Steele and finally the FBI.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/emmaloop/do...QJe#.sx0nDz4wg

The FBI had evidence that lent credence to an explosive dossier alleging links between Russia and then-candidate Donald Trump, from a source within either Trump’s campaign or business, according to the head of the firm that commissioned the dossier.

Glenn Simpson, founder of Fusion GPS, which commissioned former British spy Christopher Steele to write the dossier, told Senate investigators in August that Steele indicated the FBI “had other intelligence about this matter from an internal Trump campaign source,” according an interview transcript released Tuesday.

Simpson later clarified that he was uncertain whether that source was a member of Trump’s campaign or his business, the Trump Organization.

“[M]y understanding was that they believed Chris at this point — that they believed Chris's information might be credible because they had other intelligence that indicated the same thing and one of those pieces of intelligence was a human source from inside the Trump organization,” Simpson told the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“It was someone like us who decided to pick up the phone and report something,” Simpson said of the source. He declined, however, to name that person, citing "security."

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...-gps-testimony

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (Calif.), the top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, on Tuesday unilaterally released more than 300 pages documenting an interview the panel conducted in August with the founder of the opposition research firm that commissioned a controversial dossier on President Trump.

But while Simpson described his own opposition research work as dealing with hard facts laid out in public records and court filings, he acknowledged that Steele’s endeavors were more subjective and murky and open to interpretation.

According to Simpson, Steele was so concerned by the possibility that a presidential candidate might be “blackmailed” by Russia that he reached out to the FBI of his own accord to share what he knew was “a security issue.”

Steele first met with the bureau in the first week of July 2016. He later met an agent in Rome in the fall, a trip that the bureau reimbursed. The bureau launched its investigation into the Trump campaign in late July.

But according to Simpson, Steele cut off his contact with the bureau after the Times ran a story in the fall alleging that the Trump campaign was not under investigation. The former spy was concerned that “the FBI was being manipulated for political ends by the Trump people and that we didn't really understand what was going on.”

http://www.businessinsider.com/fusio...instein-2018-1

Simpson said Steele thought there was "a security issue about whether a presidential candidate was being blackmailed."

"From my perspective, there was a law enforcement issue about whether there was an illegal conspiracy to violate the campaign laws, and then somewhere in this time the whole issue of hacking has also surfaced," Simpson said.

He said later: "You know, I agreed, it's potentially a crime in progress. So, you know, if we can do that in the most appropriate way, I said it was OK for him to do that."

The FBI called Steele back in September and asked him to tell it everything he knew, Simpson said, because it had obtained information from "a human source from inside the Trump Organization" who "was concerned about the same concerns we had" and spoke to the bureau on a "voluntary" basis.

The FBI had in July 2016 opened a counterintelligence investigation into Russia interference in the election, James Comey, the former FBI director, testified in March 2017. But it is not clear whether the bureau told Steele about the ongoing investigation when agents sat down with him in September.

Reading this in whole, watching, listening and reading the media on it, I believe it was the perfect set up.
    Follow the CoC within the Government, follow the antics of what was going on in the DNC and then look at the layers of deniability used in the processes to gather the report/dossier.
    The fix was in, the RINO Never Trumpers, Hillary's campaign hiring the Law Firm who hired Fusion GPS and finally Steeledumping the story in the lap of the FBI and walking away.

Feedback Score
    The FBI had evidence that lent credence to an explosive dossier alleging links between Russia and then-candidate Donald Trump, from a source within either Trump’s campaign or business, according to the head of the firm that commissioned the dossier.
    This was the Australian diplo that said he talked to a drunk Papadopolus. Now the interesting thing is that Clapper and others have said that they had never heard of Popandlockadopulous and he is just coming to light now that using the dossier as a basis is getting, messy. How could Poppadoc be the key intel kernel when the people that would have had to sign off on him don't know him? Are you seriously going to say that the Popadopolous link was kept a secret all this time? When the dems have leaked anything that would hurt Trump?

Simpson said Steele thought there was "a security issue about whether a presidential candidate was being blackmailed."
    This is just plain and simple self-fellating circle-jerk maneuver. You say that you think Trump is being blackmailed and that increases the value of you and your 'dossier'. That no relevant or impactful details of the dossier have been confirmed just shows how punked Steele got. He was part of a Russian disinformation campaign aimed at hurting Trump by reducing his support with evangelicals with the sex stuff and the 'Russian' angle to work on defense minded conservatives. Why that isn't clear to everyone is another big sign of Trump Induced Insanity.

Let's put it this way, what motive does Steele have to discount the crazy intel he is getting? Take the stories back and say that he can't verify them and say that it's bad intel and the Russians playing games?

Let's play a game.

Rep. Adam Schiff has sex with little girls.

schiff.jpg

He met with little girls. See, we have a picture of him with little girls. The girls say nice things about him. He says nice things about little girls in the Girl Scouts. The little girls must be blackmailing Adam Schiff. The Boy Scouts told me, and I've known the Boy Scouts a long time.

That is pretty much the level of sophistication of the Dossier. Trump's people met with Russians. We have pictures of Sessions and Kissandtelliak in the same room, er conference hall. The Russians say nice things about Trump, Trump says nice things about the Russians. They must be getting ready to blackmail Trump, and Steele knows this because he has worked with the Russians for a long time.

And the biggest issue is that the left says that Trump is delusion and incompetent, but he was able to hide a data and social media targeting program between him and the Russians secret- Right. Thesea are the same people that say Trump's team was so unsophisticated they met with the Russian lawyer lady- in between her meetings with Fusion GPS. And of course, these Russians were compromising the Kompromat that Putin had on Trump- sure, that makes sense. Let me piss off the guy who whacks political enemies wherever they are in the world. Sure, that makes sense.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 01-10-18 at 21:35.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    from another article
    Simpson’s (fusion GPS) recently released testimony shows that at the same time he was encouraging the FBI to investigate Trump, he was actively trying to steer the FBI away from further investigation of the Clintons.
    Last edited by Honu; 01-11-18 at 00:05.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

Rep. Adam Schiff has sex with little girls.

He met with little girls. See, we have a picture of him with little girls. The girls say nice things about him. He says nice things about little girls in the Girl Scouts. The little girls must be blackmailing Adam Schiff. The Boy Scouts told me, and I've known the Boy Scouts a long time.

That is pretty much the level of sophistication of the Dossier. Trump's people met with Russians. We have pictures of Sessions and Kissandtelliak in the same room, er conference hall. The Russians say nice things about Trump, Trump says nice things about the Russians. They must be getting ready to blackmail Trump, and Steele knows this because he has worked with the Russians for a long time.

And the biggest issue is that the left says that Trump is delusion and incompetent, but he was able to hide a data and social media targeting program between him and the Russians secret- Right. Thesea are the same people that say Trump's team was so unsophisticated they met with the Russian lawyer lady- in between her meetings with Fusion GPS. And of course, these Russians were compromising the Kompromat that Putin had on Trump- sure, that makes sense. Let me piss off the guy who whacks political enemies wherever they are in the world. Sure, that makes sense.
    This is a similar example I like to use, with the girls. They are trying to make a connect-the-dots picture by using a few, specifically-picked dots, then build the picture around that.

As to the last point, your are correct, and it is a point with which I make many anti-Trumpers upset: you can't be hypocritical, you can't have it both ways: you can't say he and his campaign and administration are so crafty and devious as to hide the trail of evidence to prove corruption and collusion, yet say he is incapacitated, delusional, or incompetent.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    As to the last point, your are correct, and it is a point with which I make many anti-Trumpers upset: you can't be hypocritical, you can't have it both ways: you can't say he and his campaign and administration are so crafty and devious as to hide the trail of evidence to prove corruption and collusion, yet say he is incapacitated, delusional, or incompetent.
    In the same vein, with the diehard Trump supporters, you can’t cry that this is all just some conspiracy witch hunt when you know damn well if Hillary was elected and the exact same thing came out but against her they would be calling for the gallows rather than saying this is some big conspiracy. People are blinded by politics.

As for this whole investigation, I doubt it will play out like those on the left hope but I think there is at least something there worth looking into. Just let Mueller finish his investigation and see what it turns up. If Trump and team did something illegal I hope it is found just like I would with any politician.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    Just let Mueller finish his investigation and see what it turns up..
    Ahh yes, the never ending investigation that just needs more time. Why do I have a feeling it will go just long enough to get into the pre 2020 election cycle?

#russiamademedoit
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Ahh yes, the never ending investigation that just needs more time. Why do I have a feeling it will go just long enough to get into the pre 2020 election cycle?

#russiamademedoit
    I mean, do you think FBI investigations are done overnight? This just goes back to my original point that if this same thing was happening to President Hillary Clinton in an alternate universe you would not be responding this way. Just more cognitive dissonance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    I mean, do you think FBI investigations are done overnight? This just goes back to my original point that if this same thing was happening to President Hillary Clinton in an alternate universe you would not be responding this way. Just more cognitive dissonance.
    Not overnight but how long do they need? It didn't start with Mueller right? And Mueller has been at it for what, a year now? Just wondering how far down the rabbit hole a "collusion" investigation goes that so far has only produced a process crime and funny business by a guy long before the campaign?

And yes, I would. These special counsels pretty much have carte blanche and a magical unlimtted budget. If they can't find what they are looking for in a year plus it's probably time to throw in the towel. Not start investigating decade old tax records and such that have nothing to do with the original reason for the special counsel. And I don't think Cognitive dissonance means exactly what you think it means.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Not overnight but how long do they need? It didn't start with Mueller right? And Mueller has been at it for what, a year now? Just wondering how far down the rabbit hole a "collusion" investigation goes that so far has only produced a process crime and funny business by a guy long before the campaign?

And yes, I would. These special counsels pretty much have carte blanche and a magical unlimtted budget. If they can't find what they are looking for in a year plus it's probably time to throw in the towel. Not start investigating decade old tax records and such that have nothing to do with the original reason for the special counsel. And I don't think Cognitive dissonance means exactly what you think it means.
    It means just what I think it means and has shown itself to be a rather accurate reflection of both sides after this election. The left is just as guilty but I don’t know anyone here who voted for Hillary so pointing that out would be preaching to the choir.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The fact that more and more evidence that the Clinton's were compromised by the Russians is coming to light means the Muller witch hunt will drop the "collusion" angle and move on to the "obstruction of justice". This so called investigation had nothing to do with finding the truth and all to do with damaging a sitting elected President. This is part of a soft coup in progress.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast