Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Help me build a "Space Gun"

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I told my 11 year old about the idea over the weekend on our way to his basketball tournament. A smile slowly crept over his face and he blathered on about defiantly wanting a red dot and the possibility of painting it gold (I googled some Cerakote, jobs and depending on the exact color it might not look terrible, heh). Between games, we scrolled through Rainier Arms site and he chose the Fortis Night rail. Should look similar to Rainier's Urban Carbine when finished.

rainier-arms-ruc-mod-3-16-black-ruc-mod-3-16-blk-by-rainier-arms-llc-3fb.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does he have any interest in painting it himself?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Does he have any interest in painting it himself?
    I can tell you that I have interest if it saves me money, I brought up rattle canning it... But I also have a friend that does coating on the side. What do you have in mind Stick?
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Check out blowndeadline's boba fett cerakote. It's wicked cool.

http://blowndeadline.net/

Attachment 49815
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    I always though of this gun as being "spaceie" like from Star Wars or something. Snagged these pics off of Arfcom a ways back. Don't remember the thread or the details of these though...
    wty6.jpg
    wty2.jpg
    wty1.jpg
    suv.jpg
    ,——'ฏฏ';=====ฑ—-
    !‚–’ฏฏƒนถ
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    As a young man who grew up playing COD religiously, I think this is a dumb idea.

On my recent first builds I got caught up alot in how the rifle looked and not how it performed. I found out that you pay more for looks than function and after going through the whole experience I would have much rather valued a functional rifle + training/ammo.

That being said. I will build a damned space gun sometime in the future. Also if you are looking at cerakote Mike at BDL does great work (I have too much MI pride), but he is expensive and there are plenty of solid cerakoters out there. DO NOT use the friend of a friend (who is a gunsmith) like I did -I hate cerakote now. Annnnnnd scene.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If we are going for Star Wars look..

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Just as an update to the thread.

The kids are still interested, even asked when we were going back to the range. And when we're getting their hand guards (kept getting put off while we do work on the house: roof, fence, flooring, new office... never ends). We recently got them set up with optics, PA KISS 1-6x, and PA 3x. Christmas is coming up though...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Since you expressed an interest in painting/coating and mentioned handguards, ALG is blowing out their economy rails for $48 - $54, depending on length. https://algdefense.com/ergonomic-modular-rail-v0-e.html

They are almost a plain tube, so may or may not be what you are looking for. The price is right and quality is high, though.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 11-12-18 at 12:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    Even better, get a bone stock BCM midlength with basic round handguards and A2 grip, then have them do chores to "unlock" new gear!
    As long as this is still going on... I love the hell out of this idea to keep it going. It does the dad thing of teaching them, but in their own language. My kids always had to earn things.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast