Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me build a "Space Gun"

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    Why not have the boys customize their own guns like they do in the game? A huge part of these games is upgrading your kit.

Sit down and have them pick parts they like, then assemble and paint them to their taste.
    I'm fine with that, but I need to limit their options to things that have been vetted (to a certain degree). I'm not putting UTG/Leapers shit on anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    In my experience, if you have to do something "unusual" to get them or keep them interested in shooting...it's already a lost cause. The kids that are actually interested in shooting will be clamoring to do it regardless of what the rifle looks like.
    I don't disagree, but they asked for their own guns. I take that as a good sign. Plus I want them to have their own in case the political winds shift over the next few years/decades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Attachment 49685
    Maybe something like this?
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I don't disagree, but they asked for their own guns.
    Always a good sign. I wouldn't buy a gun for anybody unless they asked for it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Space gun was already built by Sailent or the HK G35.

Feedback Score
    Get a Honey Badger by Q, an HK416, or go for a battle-worn "modern" build and wrap it in bandages. Sig's Rattler would be cool too. Any of the guns from Cobalt Kinetics. In essence, anything that looks streamlined with sharp edges and cuts will look futuristic.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll be the grumpy asshole today... Look them in the eye and say.. "see that on the screen.. it's make believe bullshit." You want a dependable, vetted rifle, we are going to buy two 6920's put irons on them and learn to shoot like men. Otherwise all you are doing is raising the next generation of ARFCOMers....

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I'll be the grumpy asshole today... Look them in the eye and say.. "see that on the screen.. it's make believe bullshit." You want a dependable, vetted rifle, we are going to buy two 6920's put irons on them and learn to shoot like men. Otherwise all you are doing is raising the next generation of ARFCOMers....
    Sometimes you have to meet people on their level. Glad I got the dad I got.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    This is how I handled it. I got my son's basic rifles and took them shooting. I always let them know video games and movies are not real life. Men use firearms that work in real life.

Get them 6920s or 6970s. Let them shoot their ARs and make changes as they grow and gain experience. That's what my father did. That's how my father mentored my journey. You owe it to your sons to start them off right
    Last edited by MistWolf; 01-12-18 at 00:54.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast