Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-NFA 11.5" Barrel Rifle (Franklin Armory Reformation)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This is allegedly a video of it being fired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdUSPHvlGts

My money is that the trigger fires on the release.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I’ve done a lot shotgun shooting and developed a bad flinch. The cure is a release trigger. I also do a lot of tactical/AR shooting and training. Based on my experience, I would not feel comfortable with a release type trigger in a tactical situation. Nor would I want to be around someone first learning a release trigger in a tactical situation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    A release trigger just doesn’t sound very safe.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    A release trigger just doesn’t sound very safe.
    I've seen more trap houses shoot with release triggers than anything else. For what it is worth. They don't give me the warm and fuzzies.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    I've never experienced a release trigger but it sounds very counter-intuitive and very strange and seems like it would be very difficult to get used to and master. Not to mention then messing up using normal triggers. But I could be wrong on all counts since I've never tried it. It may leave sliced bread in the dust.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    I don't know tactical, but been around r trigs. Worked at a trap/skeet range growing up. Way too many times, I saw dust clouds produced within inches of toes by a release trigger. Would feel safer living as a sheep than owning a release trigger. That said, my son has a binary that I think is kinda cool....
    Last edited by triggerjerk; 01-18-18 at 04:32.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Even though it's conceptually idiotic, I could probably at least enjoy a binary trigger, and don't *really* view them as more inherently dangerous than a gun with a Burst or Auto setting. A trigger system that is purely semi-auto and fires on the release *only* is something I have zero interest in.
    We won't know for sure until SHOT but I'm guessing after the big reveal I'm still going to have to just bite the bullet and start the SBR paperwork.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    I don't know tactical, but been around r trigs. Worked at a trap/skeet range growing up. Way too many times, I saw dust clouds produced within inches of toes by a release trigger.
    It's a software problem, not a hardware problem.

The Franklin Armory release trigger had a three position safety- Safe, fire on press and fire on release. The shooter can set the trigger to fire on press OR fire on release.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I for sure agree that training and repetition would help one overcome some of the nuances of a release trigger. It happens rather quickly actually. However, tactically speaking, I don’t think dynamically it’s a good fit.

Curious about the three position safety. I watched the video of the guy providing his theory on why this isn’t NFA, and unless I’m misinterpreting what he said in the video and what you say below, wouldn’t the OR option now mean a single action of the trigger is necessary to fire there once agin meeting the ATF criteria of a rifle?

Other than curiosity, I don’t care. I have zero interest in having one of these things”.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    It's a software problem, not a hardware problem.

The Franklin Armory release trigger had a three position safety- Safe, fire on the press and fire on release. The shooter can set the trigger to fire on press OR fire on release.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    I for sure agree that training and repetition would help one overcome some of the nuances of a release trigger. It happens rather quickly actually. However, tactically speaking, I don’t think dynamically it’s a good fit.

Curious about the three position safety. I watched the video of the guy providing his theory on why this isn’t NFA, and unless I’m misinterpreting what he said in the video and what you say below, wouldn’t the OR option now mean a single action of the trigger is necessary to fire there once agin meeting the ATF criteria of a rifle?

Other than curiosity, I don’t care. I have zero interest in having one of these things”.

It sounds like your interpreting the video correctly. However, a lot of people (including the guy that made the video) continue to miss the fact that FA said their solution is "NOT trigger related ".
    "I actually managed to figure this one out: you've got to find a woman who loves God more than she loves you -- albeit just barely."

-Army Chief

I did not know the man quoted above, and joined this Forum after his passing. He seemed to be a leader of men; both spiritually and physically. Someone we'd all be proud to emulate.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast